Sick of the Politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of the Politics?

Are you sick of the politics? Tired of playing the game? Don't you just want to drive without paying homage to someone or kissing someones tuckus just to get on the track? I wanna know... post up. This isn't about formula d, this isn't about d1, this is about EVERYTHING.
    No, drifting is right where it needs to be, it is being handled correctly.
    7.41%
    Some things are being handled correctly while certain aspects are going off track.
    25.93%
    I'm pissed, I just want to drive, what the heck is going on?
    62.96%
    Politics? I don't understand.
    3.70%

Re: Are you sick of the politics?

Originally posted by STFUAD
    Are you sick of the politics? Tired of playing the game? Don't you just want to drive without paying homage to someone or kissing someones tuckus just to get on the track? I wanna know... post up. This isn't about formula d, this isn't about d1, this is about EVERYTHING.
    Alright, this is how I've felt for a while now. Vote casted.

Comment

WTH? If you guys don't agree with how it's being handled, why don't you start your own drifting santion? Start your own SCCA or something like that for Drifting. Drag Racing has several racing sanctions...

My opinion. Sponsers want exposure. Noone is going to pay for the "free" stuff that you pick up at the races if they knew you were not going to be there to spectate. Companies want brand recognition. Alot of people whine about how drifting is going the wrong direction. I personally think that Slipstream is doing an excellent job of building relations with companies to help out this sport.

If drifting is to grow, the sport needs a whole lot more exposure. Sure you can say it can grow too fast for it's own good, but drifting is a sport to stay IMO. This is a sport that domestics and imports can both compete competetively to test driving skills.

Alot of you guys don't like the alcohol and smoke related sponsers in other forms of racing. I honestly don't care. I think it would do good to have full time drivers and teams. I think people like Ernie Fixmer would do good by grabbing a sponsership from the Army. The Army would get good PR with a leg in drifting... (ERNIE IS WITH MARINES... THE Formula D ANNOUNCER'S FAULT )

The market is way too small to have full time teams without sponsers outside of racing. Companies who do car related parts can only sponser so much because of the scale of their own market. i.e. A small car shop usually can't even fund a part-time team for themselves let alone a full time team... Ask Alex, I'm sure he'd love to have a major sponser so he can go full time...

Anyways, I honestly think Slipstream is doing a great job.

This is only my opinion. Please don't try and argue against me. Just state your opinion. If you disagree, that's cool. Don't tell me you do, just state you opinion please...

Matt.
      Last edited by Craftsman; 08-15-2004, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
        WTH? If you guys don't agree with how it's being handled, why don't you start your own drifting santion? Start your own SCCA or something like that for Drifting. Drag Racing has several racing sanctions...

My opinion. Sponsers want exposure. Noone is going to pay for the "free" stuff that you pick up at the races if they knew you were not going to be there to spectate. Companies want brand recognition. Alot of people whine about how drifting is going the wrong direction. I personally think that Slipstream is doing an excellent job of building relations with companies to help out this sport.

If drifting is to grow, the sport needs a whole lot more exposure. Sure you can say it can grow too fast for it's own good, but drifting is a sport to stay IMO. This is a sport that domestics and imports can both compete competetively to test driving skills.

Alot of you guys don't like the alcohol and smoke related sponsers in other forms of racing. I honestly don't care. I think it would do good to have full time drivers and teams. I think people like Ernie Fixmer would do good by grabbing a sponsership from the Army. The Army would get good PR with the you guys.

The market is way too small to have full time teams without sponsers outside of racing. Companies who do car related parts can only sponser so much because of the scale of their own market. i.e. A small car shop usually can't even fund a part-time team for themselves let alone a full time team... Ask Alex, I'm sure he'd love to have a major sponser so he can go full time...

Anyways, I honestly think Slipstream is doing a great job.

This is only my opinion. Please don't try and argue against me. Just state your opinion. If you disagree, that's cool. Don't tell me you do, just state you opinion please...

Matt.
        Slow your roll man, who said no one was doing that? Dont go getting all excited when you dont even know what's going on.

Comment

I've been wanted to state my opinion for a while. It's built up to that

hehehe

Sorry. I wasn't trying to offend anyone... Just ranting...

Matt.

Comment

who cares just go out and drive, are we not having fun? Thats what this is all about, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman

Alot of you guys don't like the alcohol and smoke related sponsers in other forms of racing. I honestly don't care. I think it would do good to have full time drivers and teams. I think people like Ernie Fixmer would do good by grabbing a sponsership from the Army. The Army would get good PR with a leg in drifting...

Matt.
              wasnt fixmer in the marines or are you just saying to get a sponsorship from the army but anyway that would look nice fixmer in a Camo Painted car

Comment

Everything in life has politics involved. You always have to keep someone happy. You have to look loyal to someone. It's life. If you think "Just go out and drive", you're being naive... It's like telling me to forget life and just go escape from it... I'd rather be drinking in that case...

Drifting is not about "Just go out and drive." It's a driving technique. It's a form of racing. There is a culture involved, but for me it's not a careless one.

This post isn't intended to be an offense on anyone...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by CFran55
                  wasnt fixmer in the marines or are you just saying to get a sponsorship from the army but anyway that would look nice fixmer in a Camo Painted car
                  Naw, Ernie was Army... He was stationed in Japan. Can we get an interview out of him?

Matt.

Comment

Drifting is about freedom to me. That is why i drive. i never feel more free then when im drifting.

Count me in.

Comment

Re: Are you sick of the politics?

Originally posted by STFUAD
                      This isn't about formula d, this isn't about d1, this is about EVERYTHING.
                      Craftsman, this is about everything, not just formula d.

This is not just talk, things are organizing, you will see.

Focus people, focus... stay on topic on this. This is very important.

Comment

Sorry guys, but that's life. See, this is how life works. The have's have it and the have not's, want it. We are all have not's. We don't have a place to practice, a track, a parking lot or lots of money. So we need to appeal to the have's to provide or help us to provide for ourselves. That's life!!!! If you don't like it, don't get into it. No one is forcing any of you to compete, look for sponsers or any of that. It just strikes me as funny that everyone is bagging on Formula D for this and for that and accusing them of being in it for the money and what not, but in the same posts they will complain about how no one is giving them the time of day at tracks and this and that and blah and blah. No one is giving you the time of day bacause no one really knows what the sport is. But you are all coming down on the limited few people in the sport that can open the eyes of the normal people and track owners out there because they have the clout to do so.

After being on this site for as long as I have, I see that alot of you want your cake and cookies and soft drinks and be able to eat them too. First it was the thread about Drifting staying underground. The posts all followed the same lines. People complaining about how the sport was getting too big for it's britches and whatnot but in the same sentences people complained about no places to do it, no products and how much everything was. Same with the Formula D one. Everyone complains about how Formula D runs things but they also complain when there is no places to practice, hold events or anything else. Just seems like everyone wants to complain, all the time.

Let's stop complaining and get some stuff started. Everyone get with everyone in your local area and get going. If you want your own event or league or any of that, make it. That's what the Formula D guys did. If you want to participate in events that are already established or want to get a sponser, do it. That's what the current pro's did. They didn't just open the door one day and theres 6 stacks of tires on the doorstep from the Toyo fairy. They got off their rumps and did it.

There's a lot of talent on here. Put it to use for something other than threads like this one.

Comment

That is the spirit...

Matt.

Comment

Craftsman: You're damn right there's a culture in the sport, and it's not this "urban lifestyle" bull$hit. It's about the cars, the driving, the experience.

Ghost: Location wise, you're missing alot of stuff going on behind the scenes. If half the stuff going on out here was brought to light you would be singing a different tune. We ARE doing something, dont you worry. Some of "current pros" you're defending in your posts are in it to "climb the ladder" and show off themselves as superstars, and aren't in it for the love of the sport. Fact is, drifting in america is still in it's infancy. All the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* talking, all the "yeah well I dont see you doing anything for the sport" amounts to nothing. I'll tell you what I'm doing: I'M DRIVING. We need TIME and practice, not exhibition HIN Night Drift, Drifter Lifestyle garbage. What have we to show for all the hype? A driver's search where Tsuchiya was probably laughing his *Censored**Censored**Censored* off at how the US performed. Overcrowded Drift Days where 100 something dollars will get you an hour of track time.

I'm fairly certain this post was meant to gather a general consensus of people who dont care for the glamour or the hype, they just want to drive. This isnt about just Formula D, this is about the direction drifitng is headed in the US as a whole. Things are moving too fast, the word "pro" is being tossed around too loosely. Lets seem some more "pros" out there, I dont like the fact kids drifting on the street on japan can take out our D1/Formula D drivers. I dont like the way things are right now, you can be damn sure I'm going to do what I can to change them.

Comment

Quick question to you guys... Do you guys consider Drifting an judged sport or a timed sport? If judged isn't it basically an exhibition sport?

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X