Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Celica

Hey Guys,

I am still a newbie and i have decided to buy a toyota celica. In aus the parts for the car is soo cheap i could go through cars like hot cups of coffee. Anywho what i am wondering is does anyone on dis forum knw much about celica's?
    I am after an 80's model RWD. If you know anything about a particular model then leave a post.

Thx guys n gurls ur all heaps helpful.

http://www.toyotacelicas.com/

they have alot of info on Celicas. I think RWD ended in 83 or 84, but somewhere around 87 - 92 they had the Celica GT4 (aka GT-ALLTRAC) wich was stock turbo charged AWD wich I hear is pretty good. Getting them here in the states is hard because only 1400 were sold here.

Comment

Thx man.

Comment

I'm surprised the 1985 (and 1984?) Celica GT-S is not more popular.
        It has an IRS, which is a big advantage over the AE86, but I guess the 20R / 22R just can't hold it's own versus the 4AGE.

Comment

Y is tha IRS i bigger advantage over tha AE 86???...i drive a 1985 Celica GTS mint condition (needs a good suspension but can't find)
          and my rebuilt 22-RE still seems a lil weak...hey do i have an LSD??

Comment

My Celica

Hey Guys and Gals,
            I have a question, for my 18th birthday my dad bought a 04 toyota celica without me knowing. If I would have known I would ahve opted for a RWD car, but thats besides the point. Is there a way to turn my FWD celica into a drifter, and if so what would I need to do? If it is possible with FWD, whats the technique because Ive tried on a closed course in a parking lot and I got the slide but I lack the distance to fully drift the wider, longer turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Born4showcars View Post
              Hey Guys and Gals,
              I have a question, for my 18th birthday my dad bought a 04 toyota celica without me knowing. If I would have known I would ahve opted for a RWD car, but thats besides the point. Is there a way to turn my FWD celica into a drifter, and if so what would I need to do? If it is possible with FWD, whats the technique because Ive tried on a closed course in a parking lot and I got the slide but I lack the distance to fully drift the wider, longer turns.

Hey! I also have a Celica (2001 GT-S)....anyway, it's extremely hard, if not impossible to drift a FWD car, especially in those circumstances (low entry speeds ane whatnot)...as you've undoubtably figured out, the best you're going to be able to do is *Censored**Censored**Censored*-drag it....don't get me wrong the Celica's a nice car, but drifting isn't it's forte (or any FWD car for that matter)....if you really like getting some seat time try autox-ing it or taking it out for some open track days, that's where it's manueverability and worth as a grip car will show itself....if you haven't already, visit Newcelica.org and register.....

Comment

Working...
              X