Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo..wassup ppLs..i was just wondering..being new to this - drag racer turned drifter - what is the best technique with drifting? my friends say the heel toe method, but i think they're just saying that cuz of what they saw on Initial-D..also..whats the best car to drift with..and can you drift well in a FWD?

The best way is the way that works best for you. Its very hard to drift an FF, and your not going to get the show winning drifts your looking for. 240/Silvias are vert pupular drift cars, along with AE86 Corolla and Mazda RX7 FC/FD

Comment

RE:

And by the way, heel toe isn't a drifting technique. There was a thread on it if you want to know. Tell the Takumis we said "hi"

Comment

Heal toe is the technique where you can downshift without dropping the RPMS low.

Comment

RE:

Well, it's more usefull to keep the rear end stable.

Comment

i see what you guys are getting at..there sure is a lot more to drifting then drag racing..but uh..i found this on an Inital-D site, i really gotta stop trying to learn from cartoons, and i was wondering if its true or false?

"FF Drift (Front Wheel Drive Drift)
            The E-brake as well as steering and braking techniques must be used to balance the car through a corner. (note: the E-brake is the main technique used to balance the drift)."

it just sounds so easy..and from what i read around here: FWD isnt really recommended.

Comment

You can Drift Show an FF car. But its not as gracefull as a RWD.

Now, if your talking about Race Drifting, Im pretty sure you wont drift at all

Check a Thread in the GENERAL section about this, i think the title is: "What is a real drift" im not sure.

Comment

RE:

He's right. The key element in race drifting is the gas. In f/f drifting, use of the gas can't be used to spin the rear tires OR increase speed/angle during a drift. =\

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                  He's right. The key element in race drifting is the gas. In f/f drifting, use of the gas can't be used to spin the rear tires OR increase speed/angle during a drift. =\
                  but its a nice show drift

Comment

RE:

An F/F would actually have an advantage at shows, given the driver can drive.

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                      An F/F would actually have an advantage at shows, given the driver can drive.
                      how is this??

Comment

Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by Ghost
                        how is this??
                        I dont know, Why is that ACDSupra?

My guess... it will inspire Honda Civics owner that their car can drift

just kidding.

Comment

learning how to drift

hey if you want to learn how to drift i would recomend buy the BMI-Drift Bible it shows you all the techniques and how to drift with different car

Comment

Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by Ghost
                            how is this??
                            Well, most people talk about F/F drifting being impossible so much that it's basically become accepted. If an F/F driver practices hard and is able to perform good show drifts, I imagine the judges would give him extra 'points' for drifting the f/f drivetrain.

Comment

sure you can drift in a ff car you will just never pull huge drifts or make a smoke show while drifting

Comment

Working...
                              X