ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats to the Hawaii guys that made the USA D1!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Hawaii guys that made the USA D1!!

I just got word that Ross Petty and Barry Wong made top 8 (out of 80) at the USA D1 Drivers Search this past weekend. Combined with Alex P, that means there will be 3 Hawaii Boys representing at the D1. I would just like to say congrats to all 3 of you guys. This is definately a milestone for the Hawaii drifting scene. Good luck to all 3 of you!! We're all cheering for you guys!!

Yes indeed.Hawaii really was exposed to drifting before most of the mainland and is now being forgotten.It's nice to see Hawaii drivers bring it back.I've only seen Bary Wong in Grip unfortunately,if he's as dedicated as the rest of the Hawaii guys,he definitly has a future in drifting.

Comment

im not in Hawaii...but i was born there! go Hawaii! good job guys, we know you will rep Hawaii and American drifters everywhere to the fullest!

Comment

your congratulating the wrong people dude, they cut it down to 5 drivers at the end, they "changed thier mind", and guess what? they were all JAPANESE drivers!!

tell me 1 run where ross went out of the course, or hit a cone! cmon lets hear it??? THERE WAS NONE! all his runs were clean, and he deserved to make the final 5.

its supposed to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing american drivers search not JAPANESE...

Comment

You have to be f**king kidding me...THATS BULL $#!+ !!! I was happy as hell to hear that Ross, Barry, and Alex made it into the D1...and now their not!? Thats just F**ked up seriously...just....damn I'm just short of words right now after reading that....
          Last edited by REVLIMIT; 08-16-2004, 10:16 PM.

Comment

i think this could be grounds to resurrect the "US drift scene heading the wrong way" thread

Comment

Ok wait a minute ... so they're not allowing them into the D1? I will begin pulling my hair out ... now.

Comment

Ross and Barry did not make the final cut, they did very well but they cut the field down to 5 drivers. 3 of which i cannot remember since they are not US drivers but flew in from japan to drive, that really bothers me. Then Benson and Quanh (not sure if i spelled it right) made it in.

There is still vegas.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                  Ross and Barry did not make the final cut, they did very well but they cut the field down to 5 drivers. 3 of which i cannot remember since they are not US drivers but flew in from japan to drive, that really bothers me. Then Benson and Quanh (not sure if i spelled it right) made it in.

There is still vegas.
                  That is $*%^ed up...

Matt.

Comment

thats just messed up. and why in the world they would allow drivers from japan enter. maybe the japanese drivers knew they wouldnt be able to make it to japan. so they came to the states to give it a shot. thinkin they will make it since they have been drifting for awhile. and the fact that drifting is new to the states.

Comment

after reading this, I would have to say that it's pretty messed up that barry, ross, and alex got cut. I believe that the reason for doing so is that they see them as a rising threat to them probably. They probably never imagined hawaii/us drifters progressing this far in such a short time whereas alot of them have gone through years and years. I know the Japanese probably recognize you guys efforts/skills as drivers, they probably don't want to admit it cause nobody wants to be beat at their own game.
                      Last edited by zaneski; 08-17-2004, 01:59 AM.

Comment

i guess calling it USA d1 drivers search doesnt mean it has to be just from the US. Thats grade A BS.

Comment

Well, nothing we can do about it now, so might as well suck it up. Still, this leaves a sour taste in my mouth ... you'd think that the professional level of this sport would act professional ... very disappointing.

Regardless of what kinda stunts those D1 officials pull, I still think placing top 8 out of 80 is pretty damn good. So good job representing guys! Way to show everyone that Hawaii got some talent too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Limited_Options
                            thats just messed up. and why in the world they would allow drivers from japan enter. maybe the japanese drivers knew they wouldnt be able to make it to japan. so they came to the states to give it a shot. thinkin they will make it since they have been drifting for awhile. and the fact that drifting is new to the states.
                            D1 is very hard to make in Japan.They flew in and paid to get over here because they knew they didn't have a chance in Japan,if they did,they would have ran there.

It says you can enter at any D1 Drivers Search in the rules,it doesn't specify whether it has to be in your country or not.So the American drivers could fly to Japan and do the same.

Comment

Does anyone have a master list of who qualified thus far?

Comment

Working...
                              X