ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Alex Something? (OFF TOPIC THREAD SPLIT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Alex Something? (OFF TOPIC THREAD SPLIT)

Originally posted by allblackS14
    damn 15k for a silvia...thres an r34GTR VspecII im looking at in Naha and its only 18k. the best part is it being black..not that ghey blue everyone has.
    When you say a knife to a gunfight..is the japanese cars better equipped? I dont see why americans cant get the same parts. Sure they will cost a bit more but to be competitive you do what you gotta do. Alex good luck this year, and thank you for answering my questions.
    black on black R34 kicks!
    in my opinion the whole "bringing a knife to a gunfight" thing is basically about drifters in japan having more experience since they are able to Drift in most places without being bothered by the police and wait....
    this might not be relevent but there was this old topic on this site about Hashiriya's and basically if i remember correctly the people in Japan drop their money into their cars and living expenses but some blow off schooling...in Japan depending on what car you have you might do an engine swap... The US 240 comes with the KA...but then the common enthusiast/drifter would end up going for the SR but in Japan it already comes equipped with one so basically you save that extra money to spend on other stuff while we have to order the engine and pay for it to get installed
    while in america we have to worry about living expenses, schooling, and yeah...
    oh and not to mention Japan does have more local tracks to use then us in america...
    over time we will become just as good as the local drifters of japan...
    ah....this might sound confusing.....
    Last edited by DrifterN; 08-16-2004, 06:22 PM.

OH MY GOD, allblacks14.... That S14 in the video isn't you, I'm 100% sure of that!!!! On the side of the car it says "free spec", it's a group of okinawan drifters, and I'm pretty familiar of the guy. I was pretty sure that your car was a Q's too. Why are you trying to act like you're somebody you aren't, and say that you're this good drifter when it's actually a very talented okinawan guy in the video?

Comment

perhaps i wasnt clear on how i worded it. the car in that video is a FreeSpec s14. after the event was over the owner of the car let me take his s14 for a spin on the track becasue the previous week @ (im sure u know the spot) we were talking (trying to talk is a better way of saying it, my friend was trying to translate) and he was looking at my s14. i wasnt aware of the drift being taped and a friend sent me the link a couple days ago. the freespec guy carries MUCH more speed than i ever will. notice how slow i went into the corner? at the very end i almost lost the drift.
      i have heard you a damn good drifter yourself...do u still drift? are you a dep or military?
      Last edited by allblackS14; 08-16-2004, 07:20 PM.

Comment

oh thanks, i'm a dependent... But I was at this drift tournament and that was one of the runs that were judged dude. I doubt that he would let you drift his car during a judged session.

Comment

what about when you said that it was your car and it had a mildly tuned blacktop in it back then and later you swapped an rb20 in that same car? and you said that your car looks completely different from what it looked like in the video

Comment

Originally posted by OkinawanHCR32
            oh thanks, i'm a dependent... But I was at this drift tournament and that was one of the runs that were judged dude. I doubt that he would let you drift his car during a judged session.
            then my buddie is an idiot and sent me the wrong video. And i feel like an even biger idot because i didnt double check it to make sure it was the one lap i did myself. now that i look at the video, i wear a white helmut when i drive. not a black one.

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
              what about when you said that it was your car and it had a mildly tuned blacktop in it back then and later you swapped an rb20 in that same car? and you said that your car looks completely different from what it looked like in the video
              my car did have a blacktop in it. did being the key word. i bought it used. Unfortunately after a week maybe two after i got the car, the engine siezed. with money being VERY low at the time since i had spent damn near all my savings and me needing a car to get back and forth to work, i took the car to a shop down in naha and got a DE put in for 600 bucks. For about 4 months it had that in, while i saved to buy a Rb20 with an upgraded turbo, and tomei cams. i purchased it and thats where im at now. getting deployed right after buying it hasnt helped the situation and the car has been sitting for the last 3 and a half months. the only good thing is that i was able to purchase the GP Sports kit for it and some Work meister rims.

Comment

then my buddie is an idiot and sent me the wrong video. And i feel like an even biger idot because i didnt double check it to make sure it was the one lap i did myself. now that i look at the video, i wear a white helmut when i drive. not a black one.
                Hmm doesnt sound like your teling the truth you dont gotta lie about who you are and what you drive...

Comment

pics old pics but pics nonetheless

and my supra with ghey rims

Last edited by allblackS14; 08-16-2004, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Please try to keep this thread on topic

Comment

Q's are 4 lug
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by markeese180sx; 08-16-2004, 08:47 PM.

Comment

markeese check yo pm's

Comment

yup they are. originally the car was a q. i have said that like 50 times. i bought the car 2nd hand.

Comment

yup they are. originally the car was a q. i have said that like 50 times. i bought the car 2nd hand.
                            Haha all that time of talking crap and you dont even have a K's

Comment

Q's aren't that bad.Trust me,the Q's are still better than the 240sx's over here and are still cheaper(crappy eh).They do have turbo upgrades for them.It's not like it's a J.

Comment

Working...
                              X