Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would buy this rx7

okay i been lookin every where for a fd and found this thingin:
    here's what the site say 'bout it :"Here's a 1994 Turbo RX-7 that was stolen from a campus parking lot and then recovered by the insurance company. This is an insurance claim settlement vehicle. It is missing the the hood, headlights, front bumper cover, custom wheels, taillights, seats and radio. There is some damage to the dash area when the radio was taken out. We do not provide repair estimates."
    i was thinking 'bout buyin it but my parent would kill me for bringin it home..lol.....what you all think

engine still nice i say

Comment

looks can be decieving. have someone check the motor out, make sure its stout. other than that it depends on your budget. take that info to a shop and have them give you an estimate. maybe you could buy it and get it in the shop for repairs right away instead of having your parents see it in this condition. but it all depends on your budget. how much are they asking for it?

Comment

yeah, be careful, specially if it is cheap. i had a friend put 2k down on an FD on like kelly blue book, they were asking 4500 for it with 22k miles on the odometer, it was suposedly a repo car....but when he drove 800 miles to go get it, the thing hardly ran cause the apex seals were hardly even there any more.....so he yelled at the guy and got his down payment back, but still had to drive 800 miles to get home....so yeah, just be careful....but the body does look to be in good condition (the parts not taken obviously...lol)

Comment

is this car even up for sale?

personally i'd take it. the no bumpers and hood is no problem but must get seats and a headunit for it. i would see if the motor would turn on first though!
          ps. is this stock or aftermarket turbo (upgrade)?

Comment

have the motor compression tested

Comment

Just think of it this way, what would you do if you stole a car like that? Beat the crap out of it. The engine has probably been railed on pretty hard. Plus all the stuff they stole has to be replaced. Plus there is no price. How can anyone say you can buy it if we don't know the price? If they want 1000 bucks, sure buy it. If they want 10,000 bucks, well, maybe not. You have to think, FD's, just base models, are going for well over 6k with good chassis's depending on mods. I wouldn't let my R1 go for less than 8500 with the blown motor. That's just the roll of the FD landscape. Supply and Demand.

Comment

yeah screw it the site said for emails some/most emails aren't answered back and to register at another site http://www.autosource-online.com/Page/Photo_1.htm
                here's what they said:
                "We charge a modest one-time-only fee of $15 (Fifteen Dollars) to cover the cost of servicing your lifetime membership. Our SECURE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM instantly and securely processes memberships using a credit card. Or you may register by regular mail using a check." they got a bunch of cars but i'm not paying 15 bucks i'll use that for gas instead....what about you guys would you register and pay $15....??

Comment

From the picture it looks like its still running on stock twins. Well ive thought about selling my FD for sometime now. Its not running right now but only because i fryed one of the relays and havent got to fixing it. If someone offers me the right price i might sell my FD.

Comment

haha I know that car is from www.readytofix.co and it sold already i think. Yeah It would be a good buy though.

Comment

Well if it was stolen its a salvage title, and since its a salvage title I would never buy a car that has a salvage title. If I did it would have be be like $100 for a rare car.

Comment

What Raziel your know thinking of selling your FD. Raziel don't do it, b/c of you I kept my FD and have it running again in perfect condition. Don't sell it Keep Drifting that beast.

Comment

uhm... is that the downpipe sticking up there with no turbo attached to it??

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_blitz21
                            haha I know that car is from www.readytofix.co and it sold already i think. Yeah It would be a good buy though.
                            correct that site got some f* up cars for sale......dam i thinkin of letting my dream of driftin a fd go.....might turn to the s13 hatch...o rotary gods why do you mock me!!!! what do i have to do to get a fd a sacrafice of a virgin!!

Comment

just make sure you send the sacrifice to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X