grip vs. drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grip vs. drift

ok so i watch alota initial D so i can proudly say i kno atleast .000000001% about drifting and sum kind of corner of grip driveing. so what i wana kno is wut kinda benefits does grip driveing have opposed to drifting. and which one i should really get into

Comment

Allow me to translate: I watched Initial D wich gave me somewhat an idea about drifting and it mentioned grip driving. What's the difference?

Okay, here's the difference: Drifting is obviously sliding the car. Grip is the opposite. Instead of using inertia to your benefit you use hard braking before the turn and then use heavy turn ins twoards the apex of the turn. Both are good techniques for racing, but they really should only be used when the situation calls for it. In areas where there is less grip drifting is the best to use since you'll most likely slide anyways while grip is best used on high grip areas which would normally slow you down if you tried to drift. More grip makes it harder to drift and vice versa for grip driving. Did I translate/answer your question?

Comment

Re: grip vs. drift

Originally posted by X7 typeR
        and which one i should really get into
        Grip.

Why?
        Cause you're learn "lines" and all the fancy stuff like apex, early apex, late apex...
        I find that a lot of (beginner) drifters have trouble with finding the proper line and apex of a turn.
        Remember, D1 scores your line through the turns.

Comment

Working...
        X