Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my FC

Here we go...

The TII swap (it was an N/A) was completed in early July. Winter plans are a full re-paint w/ the same color and color-matched trim. I have an RE-Amemiya Type 4 (old school) wing but I'm not sure if it's going on or not. Also, RTEK7's stage 2 ECU is coming out soon which will control 720cc secondary injectors. I have his stage 1.5 ECU and am very impressed. The secondaries kick on @ 3500 (300 rpm earlier) and the primary injectory duty cycle is bumped up both of which eliminate the lean spot when the small stock turbo is making full boost before the stock ECU kicks the secondaries on. It also features additional timing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* above 8.6 psi which the stock ECU does not control as well as a built in FCD.

A couple of these were before the TII swap a few months back, but nothing on the exterior has changed. A full mod list can be seen here: http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/member...ods&car_id=383

The cusco rear strut brace's V-brace extension is not pictured, but I do have it. With this in place you can hardly fit anything in the hatch Please note, this is NOT my daily car. I have a very modified '92 Galant VR4 as the daily car (#92/1000).

Very nice, I recognize this car from the rx7club, what did that start out as? I have an 88se in that color that now has the tii conversion. I went front mount too, the only thing is that on mine the paint was so crappy, I mean really bad, I knew it would have to be repainted. So I opted to change it to blue, since I have always wanted a blue car. It hasn’t been painted yet, but everything has been coordinated for when it becomes blue. But now I almost regret it, I forgot how nice this color could be. Very nice car.

Comment

This is also an 88SE. When it gets painted I'd like to go with either an OEM aluminum TII hood or one of the CF ones available from the fc3s.org store (speed machine performance. I beleive their new gen hoods are made by fiber images. I've tried my best to offset added weight with either removal or un-needed parts or replacement of lighter stuff. I stil have the NA tranny and rear as well as the four bolt hubs. The brakes are plenty powerful enough w/ the pads/lines butI do need a limited slip. I'll probably get an GXL one from a junkyard and have it rebuilt and tightened by our local performance tranny shop.

The color is really nice, I've always liked it and the fact that it's likely the rarest OEM FC color. My paint is extremely clean considering the car's age but there are some spider-web cracks, dings etc. The front is also chipped as you can see in that nose shot as my friend painted the nose/skirts/front lip and didn't use enough coats of clear. That was about 2 years ago...

Still have some stuff to do, but what fun is a project that ends? At 12 psi the car is really impressive.

Comment

Yeah my car isn’t exactly running right now, but it was pretty cool to see the difference. Mine has the 5 lugs now, that was done first, I noticed you had 4, so I was pretty sure it was an SE. mine has basically all the parts form the Tii, but on a lighter car, plus its missing a lot of from it. Ps, ac, emissions, rear seats. Also It doesn’t have any power options, or even tilt. But it does have a sunroof. And it started out auto, so now it’s a 5 speed.

Is that the sport spoiler?

Comment

Yep, that is an '87 sport spoiler. I put it on a few years back, I always liked the look of it in flat black. It makes the FC look even more like a porsche 944.

I have also removed all emissions, crank windows, the SE lacks a rear wiper ask well. The front bumper support is also gone thanks to the FMIC. I'm pretty sure the car is still under it's OEM weight. I'd estimate 2500 lbs.

Comment

i'm debating which hood, i've always loved the tii hood, but now with the FMIC, i can go reverse cowl, but i still prefer the Tii, even though function wise the reverse cowl would be better.

Comment

Function still remains w/ the TII hood even when you have an FMIC. A simple duct can be made to bring air right over the intake manifold. That would help...

Comment

good job on changing the S4 to S5 stuff, looks very clean. it's cool to see someone using a lot of RE-A stuff too. i also like the sideskirts, they're not real dramatic, but they're still there.

Comment

It's good to see a drift car with out a huge spoiler. I like the way it looks Nice and clean.

Comment

Check out this FC
                    Attached Files

Comment

FD
                      Attached Files

Comment

well supposedly i was going to stop pumping money into the FC, so i can save up in case a 4th gen comes out, but these nice FC's make me wanna fix her up already. she runs great has a rebuilt streetported 13bt, walbro with the original rtek. running 650 secondaries, with only a slight hesitation, but the exterior is a rough.

Comment

If anyone is on rx7club, my name there is jon88se. Post your cars in this thread!!

Comment

im on there too. Same name as here. Heres some pix of my car.

Some stills on my cardomain page.

Comment

Re: Pics of my FC

Originally posted by rotaryb
                              Here we go...

The TII swap (it was an N/A) was completed in early July. Winter plans are a full re-paint w/ the same color and color-matched trim. I have an RE-Amemiya Type 4 (old school) wing but I'm not sure if it's going on or not. Also, RTEK7's stage 2 ECU is coming out soon which will control 720cc secondary injectors. I have his stage 1.5 ECU and am very impressed. The secondaries kick on @ 3500 (300 rpm earlier) and the primary injectory duty cycle is bumped up both of which eliminate the lean spot when the small stock turbo is making full boost before the stock ECU kicks the secondaries on. It also features additional timing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* above 8.6 psi which the stock ECU does not control as well as a built in FCD.

A couple of these were before the TII swap a few months back, but nothing on the exterior has changed. A full mod list can be seen here: http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/member...ods&car_id=383

The cusco rear strut brace's V-brace extension is not pictured, but I do have it. With this in place you can hardly fit anything in the hatch Please note, this is NOT my daily car. I have a very modified '92 Galant VR4 as the daily car (#92/1000).
                              dude, nice to see your car again. i sold you the exhuast via rx7club like a little over a year ago. i know this thread is juss a little dusty but your fc is looking great kat. my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* won't be ready till next year. i'm getting married. we gotta hook up one day.

bino-

Comment

Working...
                              X