drifting cressida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting cressida?

hello all, ive been into drifting for a while with my s13 and consider myself a pretty good drifter. however im looking for a 4door car to drift with, particularly a toyota cressida. they use them for drifting in japan, but i dont understand why no one(that ive seen) here in US does it? anyone tried drifting in it? is it a bit difficult without a turbo motor? i know they all come in auto, but im sure the old supra motor can be dropped in right?

I think cuz they only came with an automatic transmission

edit: oops, your post got me too excited, didn't even read the whole thing. Anyway, I've seen people get 6 speed trans for cressidas, some guy posted the whole process online somewhere. Just search around
    Last edited by DoriAltis; 08-20-2004, 05:32 PM.

Comment

-84-88 have mt and at tranny
      -89-92 have only at tranny
      -i am going to get one soon and hopefully drop in a 2jz from a lexus gs300 non turbo......they are beautiful cars...luxury and power.....v6 engine.......my dream car.....

EDIT**** www.toyotacressida.com they document a swap to manuel transmission form a a70 supra........ and www.jzx81.net for more videos and pictures and other tech.......
      Last edited by FormulaDrifter; 08-20-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Yea, you aren't looking around much cause I have seen a couple and seen one or two for sale on here. They are a rare sight to see but they are out there. Also the 6 cyl in them should be ample power to Drift with.

Comment

Re: drifting cressida?

Originally posted by nightslider
          hello all, ive been into drifting for a while with my s13 and consider myself a pretty good drifter. however im looking for a 4door car to drift with, particularly a toyota cressida. they use them for drifting in japan, but i dont understand why no one(that ive seen) here in US does it? anyone tried drifting in it? is it a bit difficult without a turbo motor? i know they all come in auto, but im sure the old supra motor can be dropped in right?

picture was taken (not my pic) at hawaii raceway park (usa) june 28, 03. friend drifting his cressida here.

Last edited by UF31Leopard; 08-20-2004, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X