ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the 180sx legal here in north america?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the 180sx legal here in north america?

well,since the s15 is illegal here,i was thinking of buying a 180sx and change the front lip to a s15 sort of style..

NO!

Why not just get a 240?

Comment

why just the LIP to s15 style anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
        NO!

Why not just get a 240?
        180sx is much cheaper and besides,i can save more money to mod it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spy001
          why just the LIP to s15 style anyways?
          the s15 is illegal in north america,thats why i want a similar looking kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rare
            180sx is much cheaper and besides,i can save more money to mod it up.
            BUT a 180 isn't legal in the US. So it WOULD NOT be cheaper!

Comment

yah man....just get a 240sx if u want a 180sx so bad.... theyre the same thing except for the engine...and the side u sit on.

u can get 240's pretty cheap too.

Comment

haha yeah..the 180sx is as legal as the S15.

how would the 180sx be much cheaper? you would have to pay to legalize it and shipping. unless you want a 180sx with a ca18det, you will rarely find one thats under 2500 USD. most around my area are 3000-5000USD.

just get a 240sx fastback.

Comment

Originally posted by Munch
                  yah man....just get a 240sx if u want a 180sx so bad.... theyre the same thing except for the engine...and the side u sit on.

u can get 240's pretty cheap too.

thats a big difference. plus our silvias come with other cool stuff like mirriors that fold in when u shut the car off...different gaugue cluster,,glass headlights, flares on the passenger door...electronic climate control (S14)/..turn signals built in the front bumper, silvia badging...lots of stuff

Comment

but all those accessories are not worth the legalization process for the united states.

im not sure but dont you have to have the glass from JDM vehicles changed to be street legal in the states? so that wouldnt matter whatsoever.

turn signals, badges, and folding mirrors dont make a car better at drifting.

i mean i know the biggest difference is the engine/LHD for the 240sx but just save for an sr20det or somethin.

Comment

i seen a 180sx around my friends house last time..

Comment

Originally posted by Rare
                        i seen a 180sx around my friends house last time..
                        RHD?

Comment

If you're in the US, it was probably just badged "180SX."

Comment

Stop arguing buddy, there is no legal 180sx in the US. There are 240sx with CA18s. Your only choice is to just get a 240 and put a S15 front end on it if you like em so much.

Comment

mon ami, i said why only the LIP because it takes a lot more than a simple lip modification in order for anything on that to begin to resemble an s15

Comment

Working...
                              X