Question for the Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Mods

What if a guy is on the forums and screws up and gets banned and is on a computer network where ll the users have the same IP address? This has happened. Onebolt is on the same net with several users and they have not been able to post since he was banned. Any chance od a reprieve?

no network in the world gives more then one computer the same Ip address. If your network is running DHCP and is assigning it, and your constantly changing Ips for some reason, then its possible that whatever computer winds up with the blocked IP wont get to come online. However if your network is releasing new IPs that often then wait a day or two at it wont be an issue.

it is unfortionate however the administrators have very few tools at there disposals for handling people who insist on causing trouble. if you are having problems with this kind of set up, or beleive a ban to be in error message me about it with some more details.

Comment

I teach at a school. In my school ALL computers on the network use the same IP address. If a person has an IP ban at this school, ALL computers at this school are banned.

Likewise on this military installation I know of whole offices where people have been blocked from use of this messageboard due to the unfortunate banning of an individual.

On another note....

I am gladhatter. Why has MY username not been functioning properly. I can log in as gladhatter, but I cannot post. I am not one to use more than on username, but I e mailed the forum and received no response.

Comment

No response here either?? Helloooo....

Comment

Working...
        X