This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with this place?

Honestly, i take a vacation where i only post a few times over the last week and i come back to a forum filled with assholes. God i dont know how many reported post i got from last night, the majority of them were for just personal attacks. Person A would state an opinion or something they did and person B would call them an idiot. This is not how this forum is normally ran, and i apologise to anyone knew here who may of got that impression.

I tried to keep this place from turning into every other forum on the internet filled with nothing but "flaming" and assholes. Hell i was attacked for misspelling a homonym (words that sound alike but are spelled different) then my 'credentials' in racing were attacked, because i stated my experience with S13 brakes. (i have non by the way, im just a guy who likes drifting his S13)

This wasnt the only example, this happened to a few other guys as well. Honestly is this the forum you guys want. Because its up the users who use this forum to turn it into whatever they want. I mean we could go back to being a zoo, nothing but newbies, MEAN idiotic newbies at that. who do nothing but attack each other. because its been that way at one point. Or we can be a friendly drifting community who takes care of our own.

I used to pay close attention to this site and be able to respond to reported post immediately, it took alot of my time but i had alot of free time, i started a new job and i wont have that much time, honestly i put alot of time and effort into the site for nothing, i dont get paid to do this, i just do it because i like having a nice place to post and talk about drifting. If thats what you guys want then you as users will have to step up to the plate and let people who are being assholes know that we dont allow this in our forum. They an go visit one of the other drifting forums, theres alot there. I dont know how they will react to the jerks but im sure they have there own policies and ideas.

Do you guys think me and the other moderators will enjoy putting in so much time to a site filled full of hateful people? Moderating can either be fun and enjoyable or it can be a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* and a total drag.

I dont know of a single moderator who tries to be "the man" most the moderators i had to convence to come and help out. They dont care about controlling anything, they dont care about 'power' (yes the great power of a website) they just want there little online community to be clean. I even took the position as a moderator to defend the users. make sure there cases were heard and fought for before the Administrators desided to take actions against them.

So its up to you guys and your actions. Keeping the place enjoyable will keep people around, keeping it annoying and a hassal will drive people away. But one thing needs to be clear. as long as i have this position as a moderator i will not allow this forum to turn into utter crap.

that's the way to say it.....image drifting.com without you nissanguy.......total chaos.......

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
      that's the way to say it.....image drifting.com without you nissanguy.......total chaos.......
      Exactly lol

Comment

yeah i read that thing correcting you.... i too am on vacation. you know what hurts the most though....i should be driving a 87 corrolla right now! the guy is trying to sell it to me but im out of the across the country so i cant buy it (silent tear and weeping) and he just wanted 1,300 for it, stupid miami. i did not even get to go to the auto auction. please stay as a moderater. you give everyone equal amounts of respect.

Comment

What people need to stop doing is not bring up threads that are over 2 months old that have nothing to do with drifting...
          Last edited by PhoPower; 08-21-2004, 04:37 PM.

Comment

uh, PhoPower, that thread may have been old but i just wanted intence to know that he should make a fourth one... i might be the person who convinces him to do so since he said he had not yet made a decision.. i brought up that thread because i wanted him to know that driftworks is awesome and everybody thinks so and would love to see a fourth one... so quite with the negativity... for those of you who are confused now, PhoPower was complaining when i brought up that thread about driftworks 4 just earlier today

Comment

The admins need to give the mods bansticks. Some of this is utter bullcrap.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
                What people need to stop doing is not bring up threads that are over 2 months old...
                That's not an issue.Good information and great discussions are timeless.You can't put an expiration date on it.Repeat threads are the problem

Comment

I've only been here for a little bit, and I already see people's flames... But this is just the way the internet is ran. No forum is safe from flam, except for the ones with teenagers.... like me :P But I don't expect to flame anyone, this forum seems to be well in control by nissan and the other mods.

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco
                    uh, PhoPower, that thread may have been old but i just wanted intence to know that he should make a fourth one... i might be the person who convinces him to do so since he said he had not yet made a decision.. i brought up that thread because i wanted him to know that driftworks is awesome and everybody thinks so and would love to see a fourth one... so quite with the negativity... for those of you who are confused now, PhoPower was complaining when i brought up that thread about driftworks 4 just earlier today
                    Wasnt just that past few days people have been bringing meanless threads that are tottally old for there dumb questions. But mostly repetitive threads are coming back again.

Comment

ya smc is the best... at http:\\www.rotteneggs.com, the mods were asholes.. and yes i agree, mods should be able to ban people

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                        The admins need to give the mods bansticks. Some of this is utter bullcrap.
                        +1

I blame the noobs who dont know what they are doing/talking about. This place is full of them, and Im getting sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by One Drift
                          +1

I blame the noobs who dont know what they are doing/talking about. This place is full of them, and Im getting sick of it.
                          Well you can be new, keep your mouth shut, and learn and ask well thought out questions. Thats not an issue. I have more of a problem with straight out attacks, i have no problem with debate but attacking someone? screw it dude. And yes this is the internet like someone said, and everyone and there mom is going to try to act like a tough guy, that is why we stand up to it on our corner of the net and dont allow that kind of attitude to take over.

Im for fighting this good fight, are you gentlemen with me?

Comment

if by "fighting the good fight" you mean "bailing out the fire exit and hitting the ground running" then yes, I am a fan

Just lay the smackdown SMC. This place needs it. Can you even delete threads? No more locking, if it's queer burn it down.

Comment

Reading these have always been fun for me. I get to see all the dumb people in this comunity that get pissed off for little things. And hey, theirs people like that all over the world, and all you could do is just small and say "your speacil, heres a cookie".

Comment

Working...
                              X