Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Lexus LS400 - Dropping a 2jz standard v6! [Luxury Drifter]

Hey guys,
    Currently I have an automatic 1996 8cyl. Lexus LS400. And this car runs beautifully. But I soon realized that I hate automatic, and theres no way I can drift an auto, with a foot-ebrake! So I decided to drop a 2jz standard v6 in it, and going to make it a luxury drifter! I've already chatted with much of my friends about what would be needed to do, and it could possibly be done. So what do guys think?
    If you want some pictures of it, I'll get some tomorrow.

Its great to see someone in these forums planning to drift a VIP car. Its starting to be boring with all these 240s and 86s around here. Post updates on how the project goes because Im too considering about getting a Lexus LS400 to drift with myself when i get a job.

Comment

Lol,
      thanks for the warmth
      I'll surely keep y'all updated, and if your going to get a lex, I'd suggest an older model. I mean the new ones are so expensive! And I got my lex for free from my father, he's a big lex fan :P

BTW, Your fotter rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by rwd polak
        And I got my lex for free from my father, he's a big lex fan :P
        I wish I had a father like you. My dad hasnt had a car in years, but when he does get the he treats them like $#!T. In the 70s, my dad had a '68 Boss 302 Mustang and one day when the car broke down he ditched it in BedStuy Brooklyn. I wish I was living back then to tell him how big a mistake it was cuz hes not a car person.

Comment

definitely show us some pics Especially of the engine swap

Comment

A 2jz is an inline six, not a V6, so I suspect you won't get too far with the swap And it makes 220-230hp at the crank, and far less torque than your UZ V8, so personally I'd leave it alone. If you are just looking to convert to a manual transmission, some company in australia makes custom bellhousings to mount a 6-speed getrag from the 93-98 Supra tt to your block. There would still be some customizing to be done, but probably much less work than a combined engine/tranny swap.

Comment

Um a 2jz standard v6, we have a ricer.

Its a INLINE-6 2JZGTE there is no 2JZ v6, NO V6.

Oh and u can't just drop the engine and 6speed as if its a civic. its a hell of a lot pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* to get the 2JZGTE 6speed in a v8 lexus, lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Re: My Lexus LS400 - Dropping a 2jz standard v6! [Luxury Drifter]

Originally posted by rwd polak
                . So what do guys think?

Wake up!

Comment

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/409848/3

theres some inspiration. I don't know about drifter that car is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing huge more than a chaser i think but more power to you nothing like drifting a luxury car so dope.

Comment

hey, don't hate. The kid just needs to do some more homework. Anyway, who are we to criticize him for having ambition? Everything starts with just an idea

Comment

Do it... And tell me how it turns out. Take lots of photos as you're doing it..

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by DoriAltis
                        hey, don't hate. The kid just needs to do some more homework. Anyway, who are we to criticize him for having ambition? Everything starts with just an idea
                        Notice how all the people who are criticizing this project have newbie status...

Comment

funny how everyone flamed him. the swap is possible. so just do it and shut these kids up.

Comment

Yeah the swap is definately possible. You're actually describing my dream cruzing car (90-97 LS400 w/ 2JZ swap, suspension, kit, and nice big deep dish wheels). Someday I hope to own that car. I talked to my friend with the fastest Supra on the island about a 2JZ swap and he knew who to talk to on the mianland to get the info needed to do the swap. The biggest problem is rewiring the car and modifying the pinouts on the 2JZ ECM. Takes a lot of time. And the motor mounts will need to be fabbed. If you plan to push high power (as in more power than the stock 2JZ twins can push) its cheaper in the long run to build the 2JZ motor yourself. New block, new heads, etc. Since your car is a 96 you will need to use the non VVT-i version of the 2JZ engine and the non VVT-i ECM. A lot of luxury features comtrolled by the stock ECM will be lost with the swap.

But 2JZ swap aside, if you plan to drift the car you can still do it in the stock 1UZFE/Auto form. I drift an Auto car and I dont use any E-Brake. To build a really good drift LS400 you really need to focus on weight reduction and balance. Kind of takes away from the luxury aspect of the whole idea. Get suspension and a good LSD, then a different set of tires and with enough practice you'll be drifting it in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                              Notice how all the people who are criticizing this project have newbie status...
                              Notice how you're 15 and have yet to get a job/understanding of the value of money. Newbie status in a forum has nothing to do with technical knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X