Samuel and Windtunnel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel and Windtunnel??

I was waiting for it tonight, but they stayed on truck racing. Did i miss it or did it just not air??

i saw it.

Comment

It started at 8PM here in Boston.

Comment

im watching it now, noice!

Comment

I taped the show so I could watch it after work. I liked it, Sam was very informative mostly for the people that don't particulalrly know what drifting is. He took a couple of calls, one was about tire size on the viper, 295s on 18 inch rims. Substantial rubber about $300 a piece Yokohamas is what Sam said. Not a lot of drifting footage but, it's good to get recognized on Speed Channel.

Comment

yeah it was good to see some drifting on speed channel they showed some d1 footage from japan vs. always defering to the d1 in the U.S

8 sets of tires per practice! man that viper just rips those tires apart faster than my dog can rip a coconut.

Comment

Wow 295's. Thats some serious rubber for drifting. And I thought 275's were insane.

Comment

How did he do. I missed his interview.

What did they talk about?

Was David Spain (sp?) cool with the whole Drifting scene here in the US? I know he's pretty neutral about all of his discussion. But was he a little bit offensive about Drifting or was he okay with it?

What did the other callers asked him about?

Details. pls?
                or if anyone can mail me a copy of the show via CD-ROM that would be cool too

Comment

Congrats to Sam with his interview on the Windtunnel with Dave Despain. Besides the language barrier he did an excellent job of explaining drifting to Dave in an exciting way. They showed a few clips of FD and D1. I just hope that this sparks an intrest and the continue to cover drifting on Speed.

and Sam mentioned Drifting.com

Comment

I saw it as well. I thought he was very informative. I'm still wondering what he will fun in December's D1, if it isn't the Viper. He even mentioned Drifting.com! One thing that I find funny about the tire size, and it's slightly off topic, is that the Yokohamas he runs are 295's, but the Michelins that come on stock Vipers are even bigger at 345. Kinda funny don't ya think? hehe. Anyway, great job Samuel!

Comment

they talked about the interview at the end of todays show. I think tunnel heads were awakened by the interview and more may come. (fingers crossed)

Comment

Just so you guys know this is not the first time Dave has talked about drifting He's mentioned on more then 1 occassion and he seemed cool about from what I can remember. Then the avg. nascar lover (mind you I like nascar lol, so I can insult "myself" on this one") called and was like "I dont like them fwd ricers, blah blah" and Dave was kinda like ya they're usually always RWD and kind of got the guy to shut it.

I only got to see the ending of the Sam interview though

Comment

I just caught the end of it, but it seemed like the language barrier was a bit of a problem. They did talk a little about tire sizes and quantity, and one caller asked about the decemeber race (JGTC?) to which SH mentioned that he wasn't sure whether his competition coupe viper would be allowed yet...

As for Dave, he didn't seem too excited about it, nor was he offensive. He seemed like he was reporting objectively on something he didn't have a ton of personal interest in.

Comment

the next day a listener emailed dave to express his excitement over seeing the clip of the viper drifting, stating that he has never seen anything like it.

Comment

Figures the ONE time that a drifter gets interviewed on Wind Tunnel and I miss it!

Comment

Working...
                              X