Gleaming The Cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleaming The Cube

What transmission could I use if I was swapping a 3sgte into an MA70 supra. Would an R154 work, or a W58? Would a silvertop 4ag have enough power to pull it, a turbo 4ag? What would need to be fabricated to make a 13b-t to work in a MA70? I'm really trying to shed weight on my supra, and the stock 3 liter is a bit heavy. Please don't flame, I know some of my ideas are a bit out there, but bear with me. Mostly, I'm trying to shed ponds,and go fast, all on a low budget, so If anyone has any ideas, besides:1jz, 1ggte, or any engine with 8 cylinders, that is wicked light, and that wouldn't take a whole lot of fabricating. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ziptyed; 08-29-2004, 05:08 PM.

Bump.....................

Comment

Re: toyota engine swaps

Originally posted by Ziptyed
      What transmission could I use if I was swapping a 3sgte into an MA70 supra. Would an R154 work, or a W58? Would a silvertop 4ag have enough power to pull it, a turbo 4ag? What would need to be fabricated to make a 13b-t to work in a MA70? I'm really trying to shed weight on my supra, and the stock 3 liter is a bit heavy. Please don't flame, I know some of my ideas are a bit out there, but bear with me. Mostly, I'm trying to shed ponds,and go fast, all on a low budget, so If anyone has any ideas, besides:1jz, 1ggte, or any engine with 8 cylinders, that is wicked light, and that wouldn't take a whole lot of fabricating. Thanks.
      Unless it's a Group A AE101 TRD 4AG,it isn't going to make any power.That would be a horrible engne swap into a Supra.As for a 13B,that would require some harness modifications.The problem would lie in the wiring.Basicly getting everything else to work with the 13B engine,such as the speedometer,etc.The engine isn't large though,so it will free up the engine bay a bit.Like most hybrids,your looking at custom mounts and a driveshaft.I don't think there will be any clearence issues,I've never heard of a swap like that before,but I would give you two thumbs up if you pulled it off.

Comment

chevy small block. carbed, cheap, it has been done before.

Comment

LS1

Comment

I think you're going about it the wrong way.
            Yeah, going light is logically, but this is all about power/weight ratio.
            Increase the power, and it's almost the same as dropping the power.
            The 7M-GTE is a legendary Toyota powerplant, and I think you should just stick with it.
            Getting 600hp out of a 7M is pretty straight-forward.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
              X