dont make fun of me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont make fun of me.

just found the site. read the 101's and such. learned alot. i don't consider myself a drifter in any respect but really enjoy the sport and would like to get into it.

i am into muscle cars and would love to make my 1973 Plymouth Scamp cut those corners like you guys do. right now its far from being able to do that.

so far it needs sway bars, decent seats and a few chassis mod's(frame connectors)

i am in the middle of putting upgraded brakes on it from a 03 viper which are 4 piston brembo's. 13in rotors in front and probably something smaller in back. not sure quite yet.

any way. just wanted to say hi. cant wait to read more.

how many of you guys are in so cal.

Jonathan.

i like muscle cars and that would be cool if you used that. yesterday i almost got a car that is not exactly a muscle car but it has....had a big engine. a Buick Electra 225 from the late 60s and it only had 19,000 miles....wow but the chassis was rusted and falling apart.

Comment

I like muscle but I when I look at American Muscle cars I only see them as old classics ... no offense.

Comment

nice looking car, i had to look it up

Comment

awesome man. I love muscle cars too. Well, I like all kinds of cars. =P The only problem with muscle cars is that they eat too much gas, and they are big and heavy. -_- But, its all good.

Comment

Good to have you here. I always like to see more fans of domestic iron getting into drifting. Just remember that suspension is way more crucial in drifiting than the power.

But one thing to remember is that when you first start practicing, you're gonna crash (and break stuff), so when you do practice don't do it in a car you wanna keep nice. When you do practice be sure to do it in a nice open lot where you won't hit anything, where there aren't any cops around, and where there aren't many people to annoy.

Most importantly use common sense when you're practicing, and always wear your seatbelt.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!

Comment

Well, actually the Scamp isn't as bad choice for this sport as other older cars because it isn't that heavy, matter of fact, let's look at how it stacks up with some of the more recognizable Drift cars.

The Scamp came in at a suprisingly light 2915 lbs Curb Weight.
              The 90-94 240 SX weighed in at 2730 lbs for the 2 door hatchback.
              The FC 90-92 weighed in at 2800 lbs for the 2 door hatch.

So, lighten that baby up a little and you could weigh in right with the regulars. The only problem you are gonna have with that thing is parts. I don't think there are too many people beating the door down to make performance suspension products for a 1973 Scamp. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I would love to see a Scamp out there.

Comment

My brother dirfted once in our dad's 1978 Buick Regal sport coupe turbo. it was pretty wild, but that was the only time he got to drive it so we havent done anything else in it.

wasnt there some pic and/or videos of some guy drifting in an el cameano(i dunno how to spell it) on here?

Comment

Working...
                X