New Eight Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Eight Six

Picked up an '85 corolla GT-S recently. Any suggestions for turning it into a great drift car? I was feeling some Tein suspension because the Doma-chi guy kicks *Censored**Censored**Censored*...

www.club4ag.com

Learn it, live it, love it, and don't post here until you've read all of club4ag.com

Comment

I agree with the above statement. Also dont go buying a Tein Suspension just cause some guy has it. Do your research and realize that their coil over system is over $1500. I race with my TRD Japan springs and they work just fine.

Comment

Oh yeah for some great advice on how to become a GREAT drifter, learn how to drive, go to racing schools, NASA track events, read books about handling cars. If you cant handle your car just driving to work then you will kill yourself on the track.

Comment

heres a setup that has been proven to win... trd JAPAN springs 8/6kg front rear with kyb agx's it should run you about 700 give or take.

Comment

Have you slid before? The first investment you need to make is seat time. All the coilovers in the world aren't gonna make you a better driver if you can't drive. Don't know your background but take the car out and learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
              Have you slid before? The first investment you need to make is seat time. All the coilovers in the world aren't gonna make you a better driver if you can't drive. Don't know your background but take the car out and learn it.
              exactly.... learn what your car can do before hand so that you can feel differences and so that you don't crash it w/ your "fancy suspension" crash ur learner car then you can start adding things (well try not to crash it)

Comment

no cones

Thanks for all the replies and tips guys (and gals if i missed any). Ill take your advice and learn this car before upgrades. As for background I have been autocrossing with the local club here for almost 2 years of course that was in my beat up '83 Bimmer. Ill try not to wreck haha

Comment

Working...
                X