GTO fans, stand up and be counted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTO fans, stand up and be counted!!

Anybody who's been a fan of the GTO since it's inception, who've endured it's ridicule, if you're on this forum and are a GTO fan, post you're congrats and show you're support. Let's all give Rhys and his GTO a big Drifting.com HE11 YEAH!!. We've waited for this all season and it's finally happened.

And to all the haters that boo'd him:

Yea i think most people are just suprised that it wasnt dominated like in japan. Over here all the cars that won were samuel's viper and rhys millen, all usdm! sure they cost more than the other drift cars but you get what u pay for! 500+ hp on the viper and the corvette engine with 350 on a gto. in all he probally spent over 100,000 on just the gto but it won, and thats what they wanted to prove. i think its freakin great that the gto is now getting alot of attention, its too bad that its high price might not be a sutiable beginners drift car, but watever. Congrats to RHYS!!! GTO all the friggin way! Pontiac will now rise up like a phoenix!

Comment

the car doesnt do the winning, the driver does. rhys is a good driver man, i could careless if it was a gto or viper. as for the viper, how is it getting into d1? its not using the real frame. all other d1 cars are using the factory frame. the vipers a caged shell

Comment

Driver is what its about, and to prove ur good with a highly capable car is good too.

Comment

Ever since the incarnation of the GTO, I have been watching him. I drove a Trans Am for 4 years, so I like the pontiac name. He has turned the car into a formidable drift machine, and has incredible driving experience. I also like the fact that his LS1 has to be tuned with bare hands, rather than computers. I miss how my LS1 sounds, and am very glad that his car has done so well. The paint scheme needs a work over though.

Comment

i like the GTO as much as you guys but one thing that makes me mad is when people are like YEAH AMERICAN MUSCLE IS BACK! because the stock car is austrailian right? i know it does not have much from austrailia but........whatever. he is a good driver and that is all that matters

Comment

Hell yeah For all those haters out there the gto pulled it off

Comment

Lt1 powered I could care less where the body style came from

Comment

Actually the GTO is powered by a LS1, I believe the last time GM used the LT1 was in 97. I can't wait for the new GTO to come out. They redid the interior, put the LS2 inside of it (400hp/393lbs), and also they have more options. Like different rims, body kits, etc.

Comment

Me.

I admit I boo'ed him at first in the D1, but Rhys sure showed me. ^^

It's amazing that the thing was untested back then, and it showed. He TOTALLY improved yesterday, six months later, back in Irwindale!

Comment

the GTO IS the monaro except it just has a different grill and a new badge, too bad they didnt use the stock V8 straight from the monaro itself

Comment

Go GTO yay!! hahaha

Comment

w00t

Comment

Man... Rhys was using HP to his full advantage... He'd chase the lead inches and even bump into them... When he'd lead, he'd drive away giving himself a clear lead. This was the strategy of both Rhys and Samuel. I don't know if I like either one of the drivers anymore...

Matt.

Comment

Hey i actually boo'ed him too at the 1st D1 (because of what I thought the GTO stood for) but Pontiac is holding up their deal and not milking the sport. Rhys is doing a kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* job.... So to Hawaiian (remember our little spits lol) I official retract my statement

Comment

Working...
                              X