ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the criteria for judging drifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the criteria for judging drifts?

well i went to the forumulaD and had alot of fun, my first 'pro' event i attended but im intrested in how drifting is judged, I saw a few tandem drifts where they were really close but i didnt know who i'd give the edge to, so my question is, how do you determine who throws the best drift?

things like angle, speed (entry|exit), line (is this the same line that would be used in grip racing?), how close or far they are from the barriers

oh and another intresting thing, i saw there were 2 cones at the end and sometimes they would miss and other times they wouldnt, how important is it to go between them?

so if someone can please school me down on this id appriciate it :-)

dont quote me but i read they use the same criteria as figure skating.

Comment

dude, use the search thingy, and there is a threat in the new to drifting board with the same question!!!

Comment

Speed, angle, style, impact (lots of smoke, big feint, high angle through the whole drift, "wow"), line (racing line), technique (how calm are you inside the car, what techniques do you use, etc...)

THis is what D1 in Japan is judged on as well as most series liek BM Hai and Advan meetings.

Just about every competition has (or should have) its judges adhering to those criteria.

Comment

Working...
        X