• Show
Clear All

• Another FF civic drift video. (not the old one) PRETTY TIGHT

http://www.apartment107.com/assets/v...g2/ffdrift.wmv

check that thing go sideways

nice
    a little short tho

Comment

That isn't drifting. That's called having a Civic, wishing you could drift, so you yank on the e-brake.

Comment

I dunno man, that was the Irwindale track and it looked like it was set up for D1.... that was probably drifting. FF or not.

Comment

isnt that the EF driver from Hawaii? i heard somewhere he got invited to Irwindale for Formula D or D1...he's won a lot of comps out in the islands...

nice clip by the way

Comment

you know what....is that a ef or eg? Cant really see well due to the smoke.

Comment

its an ef....saw it up close widened in the front running watanabe and some really tiny 13x6 in the rear....cant believe they get that thing sideways enough for it to compete. kinda kewl..but im all bout the rear wheel drive

Comment

Originally posted by ebolarama
                That isn't drifting. That's called having a Civic, wishing you could drift, so you yank on the e-brake.
                No, thats called a pro from japan doing a demo at Formula D.

He was pretty good, not as fast or as crazy an angle as the silvias you can see in the background, but better than I expected in a civic.

Comment

he initiated he drift late, that is how he developed a tremendous lead, then once his drift was initiated he was passed with the quickness.

Yes, that was a real drift, damn near anything with atleast two wheels can be drifted. Yes, he is a very talented driver to display that level of control. No, fwd cars and trucks will never drift with the efficiency of rwd cars.

Comment

hmmm the civic's DRIVER is very skilled and talented, but Irwindale's high speed corners doesn't display where's he's good at. Maybe at some small windy track in Japan yeah, but in that vid he took off, didn't angle the car sharp like he usually does and went to wide therefore the Silvias passed. *Censored**Censored**Censored* dragging that time imo. I can't read japanese fully yet so I can't actually translate the's tuning and parts. Its best he would stay on small sharp hairpin turns.

And alsooOOO!!!!
                    I don't know bout the rest of you but I really want to see smack talking, contradicting himself nation wide on spo compact car mag, Chris Rado, fly into a wall with his truck when ever he's competing next year.
                    Lol hell I wonder if he ever got the balls to do gymkhana, I'd count how many time's he spins out.

Comment

Nice Video!

FF is not my style but this guy was really good. I was told from a friend that this is Hatakeyama (sp?) san from Japan. This is the same guy that does the demo from the FF option video #19. Apparently, one of his sponsors (FALKEN?) brought his car over from Japan to add a little excitement to the Pro Demo.

I like the idea of this, it is a great way to get more people on the grassroots level involved. Also, it will help keep all the people with civics from selling them and buying up all the 240's...Hahahaha. But seriously, I saw the car in the pits and it has a lot of ingenuity and I think it is very purpose built for Drift or as some say @$$ dragging.

Phoen_x is right. The course was not really ideal for a car of this nature, but overall I think he did a great job. And by the way, he only ran demos so I'm sure that he was really trying to hold a perfect drift line. He was prolly showing of to the crowd around the outside of the track.

Lets see more video of this!
                      Attached Files

Comment

i first started driving at the age of 12. i lived on a huge ranch out here in the boondocks so my driving started out rally inspired. for a while it was in toyota corolla, then i moved into rock crawling so i got a toyota truck. when i turned 16 i had a 95 integra, and a 2K accord. still living on the dirt roads i learned very well how to drift a FF and the next step i thought would be to bring it onto the streets. after a whole winter worths of practice in the rain i got the hang of it. once summer came around i had to learn a whole different style and approach but over-all it wasn't very hard. you just have to fully commit to what youre doing, and can''t be scared of what could happen!!!

Comment

servinmcgervin......do you plan on doing any FF drifting in the future or have you stepped into a RWD setup?

Comment

Yeah, that was Hatakayama's car. Falken had it in their booth at NOPI. I was talking to the team manager about that car, and he was very vauge. He said that it took Falken half the season to dial in the suspension ON THE 240's, let alone understand the FF Hatch. He said even thought they have been competing with the FF car at D1, they really have nothing to compare to, so he really had no advice.

He did however mention what was stated above. The Irwindale track was difficult for F-Dori because he was FF, which meant he has to control his drift with inertia rather than shoving his car up and around the embankment with some RWD action. Being on a sloped oval speedway is not a happy home for FWD skills. But wait-this isn't Nascar, so why race in banked racetracks for drifting? (I know it was because of the accomodating facilities and that lack of real drift course designs in the US) Get F-Dori on a drift course and you'll see some skills.

Actually, the setup made complete sense. The rear was as gutted as you can get. There were no rear strut bars, pillar bars, sways or ties. That way you have some slop in the rear to control where you break it free as opposed to being so stiff that it takes off with the slightest twist and never comes back for you.

Just a lightweight rear with 13" Volk Te-37's and some hard tires he said I could never get in the states.
                            The front had offset 14" RS Watanabes and 195-14 Falken Azenis. The car sits on EDFC Teins, and has the MAD drift/jdm thang going on. [Cause thats what is does...duh]

It actually has an article this month in Import Racer if you want to check out more on it. Kinda makes you think.

Also, if you were at the SEMA show, they had it there with the new paint job and the Azenis-D's on it. I hate the new Drift Alliance Paint Job, but its still cool he's involved. Sponsorship from Falken should be just what this world needs to understand if there is a potential in the FF Drift market future.

On a side note, if FF does become a thing, then this can be good. Think about it...
                            Every time you see some 16 yr old with a civic that says he's a drifter, you make fun of him because you feel more intelligent.
                            Then you tell him to get a real RWD drifter.
                            Now these kids are buying up all the 240's and hachi's and really not knowing what to do! [Except Gushi] At least if they keep their civics they can leave the RWD's to the people that need them, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddball 7
                              isnt that the EF driver from Hawaii? i heard somewhere he got invited to Irwindale for Formula D or D1...he's won a lot of comps out in the islands...

nice clip by the way
                              I wish but my drifting looks like an fr that was to much of a messed up line and to much e brake

Comment

Working...
                              X