ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey This would be a good drift car...right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey This would be a good drift car...right?

[B][FONT=arial][COLOR=darkblue]Hey,

If you guys (and girls) could, please let me know, if this is good for drift:

85-86 Celica Supra, lightweight, nice amount of power not too big, good
    ratios, can make a lot of mods (probably going to need to seeing how old it is).
    hatchback,uncommon, ummmm, if you ppl know more please share your wealth! lol.
    And I am trying to find the specs but, it has become quite hard to find them all together or without modifications to the car.

alright, well, I thank you all, later ^_-

There was a guy on here that had one. Search around, it's here.

Comment

throw some pics up, i'm too lazy to find them myself

Comment

Here are the pics

here is one
        Attached Files

Comment

another

yup and another
          Attached Files

Comment

There was a guy at the D1 driver's Search drifting one of those. He was a crowd favorite because he came out with a car that you hardly ever see in the motorsport world and drifted it very well in my opinion. Do those even come with an LSD from the factory?

Comment

can we get what's under the hood plz? thanx

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how much power those things have but I know its not much...but the way its built maybe a good drift car, but really any car can drift you have to make it.

Comment

that car is heavy and low on power. can it be drifted yes. is it a good car for a new drifter probably not. Are you looking into this car because its cheap and you want a drift car now? If so just wait, save up, and buy a 240 or ae86 or a car that has good aftermarket support and is a bit easier to get sideways. Dont rush into any rear wheel drive car just so you cant get a bit sideways. Now if you want to build up a car that is different and have the funds and the knowledge then have at it. just my .02

Comment

'85-'86 (Celica Supra) 2.8 DOHC EFI '85-'86: 161hp @ 5600 '85-'86: 169nm @ 4400, 3045 LBS / 1381 KG.

Celica supras are ausome. I hear that you can easily get rid of alot of their weight to make a pretty good drift car. Personaly id get a celica GT (116 hp ) cause theres so many around and theyre a lot lighter and supposed to be alot better for learning to drift in.

Comment

Stock...those cars kinda suck unless your drifting on wet ground. Slightly modified?....still kinda suck cause the power is a little low though its not THAT bad. Highly modified? Their a pretty good car. My friend has one with a crate motor pushing around 185hp, exhaust, ground control coil overs, tokico adjustle shocks/struts. His car pulls pretty nicely and isn't to bad at drifting. Though...unless your willing to spend a couple grand on the car...I don't consider it to be to good of a car.

As for LSD some models did come with them. I believe the ones that had independent rear had.

Comment

anything is a good drift car! but another could be the answer to a wonderful time behind the wheel

Comment

That guy at D1 Driver search was horible he still need alot of time behind the wheel.

I Drive a MK2 Supra I know what you need and everything!!!!
                          And just an FYI this model Supra was made between the years of 1982 till 1986!!!!

Comment

These cars arent driftable...haha

Ive driven a P-type, I didnt think it was a bad drift car. if you cant drift i can see a possible difficulty with it.

If you want a car that doesnt drift all by itself, and there is a small amount of skill involved get it! the 5mge thats in the car isnt a bad motor, but a 7mgte out of MKIII with turbo will go in as well.

If you want a car taht will drift all by itself buy a 240. easiest car to drift on the planet imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                              These cars arent driftable...haha

Ive driven a P-type, I didnt think it was a bad drift car. if you cant drift i can see a possible difficulty with it.

If you want a car that doesnt drift all by itself, and there is a small amount of skill involved get it! the 5mge thats in the car isnt a bad motor, but a 7mgte out of MKIII with turbo will go in as well.

If you want a car taht will drift all by itself buy a 240. easiest car to drift on the planet imo.
                              Yeah also if you want to have the same car as every one else too!!!!

Bro dont blame it on the car!!!

If your good then you can drift in any car!!!
                              Sept the FF layout of curse!!!
                              Last edited by ; 09-07-2004, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X