Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to introduce myself...

...and my car!

My real name's Kenji. I remember the day I really caught the drifting bug. It bit me when I was watching the SPEED channel and they did the segment with Rhys Millen and his GTO. A day later I began scouring the internet for everything I could find on this emerging sport and haven't looked back since. Ironically I didn't stumble upon these boards until much later. I've been lurking around here for 2 or so months now and finally decided to sign up and introduce myself now that I have a car. Coincidentally, I'd always liked the Nissan 240SX and was quite happy when I discovered that it was an optimum drifting platform.

She's a 92 SE: (Sorry for the crappy quality. Camera isn't the best)

It took me a long time to find this car. Months of searching until I finally found one in good condition that wasn't obscenely overpriced. She's got 250,000+ kms on her but the engine is rock solid and the interior is spotless.

I'm not ready to slide it yet as I'm still learning the suttle nuances of the standard transmission. Although I have "drifted" a few corners (In a Civic but at least the tail came out). I don't have any big plans for my car as of yet. Just coilovers, swaybars, maybe an exhaust and eventually a paint job. The original owner must have left a front bra on it and let it bake in the sun, hence the paint fade on the nose. But it's a Canadian car, so if I'm not mistaken it comes stock with LSD!

I'm looking forward to my stay here and I find it very exciting that the likes of Alex Pfeiffer post here, it lends a much more authentic feeling to the boards as there are also many other competent drifters here. I'm pleased to meet you all.

B-Wurm

Welcome to the site, Kenji. It seems that so far everything has worked out perfectly for you what with the car and your quickness to gather a liking to the great sport. I got into it about 4 years ago after I had pretty much maxed out my grip driving potential. I then started to practice wide angle drifts that I would never use against the clock. Anyways, I hope you like our little site and enjoy your entrance into the great world of drifting. A few pieces of advice: never give up, try new things, and make friends in the drifting world. That covers persistency, technique, and a helping hand in a nutshell. Anyhow, good luck, have fun, and make lots of smoke!

Comment

Wow... Introductions... Cool... Uhh...

Matt.

Comment

Nice looking S13 man, welcome to the site and drifting as a whole. I hope you enjoy your self, and keep us updated on your progress as you learn and get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
          Wow... Introductions... Cool... Uhh...

Matt.
          Keep it to yourself bullet-magnet.

welcome kenji.

Comment

welcome man the names Pete

im pretty much at the same stage as you ive drifted a lil before still a lil sketchy. I think youll grow to love this site just remember to use the search button.

good luck to yah

Comment

hahahahah thats my brothers name. welcome man

Comment

Welcome Kenji. I'm pretty sure you can find people in here, that's within the same area as you.

Like scirocco said. Don't be affraid to try new things. Make sure you read and learn as much about drifting.

oh, and If you do your own body work, that will come in handy if you dont, try looking and make friends with them right away because you'll see them once you try drifting for the first time he he... I know I had my shares of scars

Anyways..nice looking S13 you have there.

Comment

Working...
                X