Our true enemy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our true enemy.

I read an intersting article a while ago. It was talking about how people don't like others because of the brand of car they drive. Meanwhile, up in Cali, the legislators were drafitng legislation to require older cars to pass smog in order to be registered, and SEMA was losing the fight. What was interesting was that the author said that car enthusiasts everywhere, no matter what they drive, need to band together and fight this. He's right.

While we're sitting here griping about USDM vs. JDM, the lawmakers are trying to take away our very hobby. They want us driving around in souless electric or hybrid cars that drive themselves. Also the automakers want old cars off the road so that everybody has to buy new ones. Not to mention all those rich guys probably don't want some kid in a Mustang blowing the doors off their brand new Ferrari. I think the time is coming fast: with global warming on the rise, the advent of hybrids, and all the anti-hobbyist legislation out there, the days of the hotrod (both USDM & JDM) are numbered. Not only do we need to come together and defend our hobby, but also to develop alternative fuel sources like propane or alcohol so that we can enjoy our hobby long after the oil is gone.

It doesn't matter what you drive, whether it's from Europe, Japan or America. If we want to be able to go buy a car, soup it up, and go drive it on the street 10 years from now, we'd better stop arguing about who's cars are better and stand up and fight this thing!!

Even if we are able to do that, then we still have to face the challenge of developing alternative fuels so that we can drive our rides long after the oil is gone. We've got alot of work to do guys, and we'd better get on it.

im scared

but i agree with you!

Comment

this is serious, we really need to rally everybody's support. I mean i dont mind people driving hybrids but i dont want hybrids to get rid of everyother car. i really hope i can show my kids someday my miata, and say you wanna go for a ride, instead of saying, i remeber when back when you could drive cars that ran on gas and you steered yourself. Am i gonna be the last generation who gets to expierence the joys of driving myself? I really hope not We really need to rally all the car guys together, whether you drag race, drift, autocross, circle track, etc, we need every car enthusists support! I am gonna go take a proactive roll and make flyers and hand them out in school. when i make them i will post them here...

Comment

I know my mom wants a prius. sux

but if you think about it it just leaves more fuel for us.

Comment

d*** straight!!!!

but i don't think they would make us get rid of old stuff. try getting the old fogies to get rid of their restoration of youth projects (aka early muscle stuff) and they'll have a real fight!!!

lol

Comment

This is only in California... Sucks to be you guys. You guys can barely own guns... ROFL...

I love California. Gangs run around with fully automatic guns, but civilians are expected to defend themselves with shotguns and pistols... Hahahaha...

Thank God for Texas! Too bad I plan on moving to Cali

Honestly, Texas is starting to crack down on emissions too. Not as severely as California, but it's still there...

Matt.

Comment

ahhh, good ole wisconsin. no one cares enough about us to restrict our cars.

too many trucks and tractors anyway, couldn't stop them

Comment

Yeah its a shame about that in cali, but its a trade off for u guys. U get to go to events, and get access to much more than many of us in the other areas like midwest, southwest, or great lakes regions do. I agree, that its a shame about what they are trying to do. Not much i can do in ohio but give you a buyer for ur cars with KA and SR motors

I'm joking, I'll sign a petition or whatever if you want.
                Count me in, I'm with ya.

Or else u guys could just move to a less populated area, and really start up a revolution.

Good luck with that tho...

Comment

BC rules!! we got none of that crap and lots of fun plants living around

Comment

my old history teacher told me that oil is actually just as abundant today as it was back in the 60s its just that distribution is so taxed and it is controlled by a small group of companys.

what u guys need to do is move to an island smog pff who needs it all our crap just floats over to the ocean or mainland.
                    merry xmas vancouver lol

but on a more serious note were fighting a loosing fight guys what can I say politicians arnt fans of driving sideways on mountain roads or parkin lots. but it is our generation and eventually we will run the countries.

Comment

One word: Petition. This government is for the people by the people, right? We don't need some tyrant taking away our freedoms. And as for global warming, why are they pinpointing cars as the source of the problem? Why not factories and powerplants? Another thing those environmentalist pansies neglect to acknowledge is that a large amount of greenhouse gases are produced naturally by things like volcanic eruptions and fires. Not only that, but that hole in the ozone layer has been 'healing' in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                        This is only in California... Sucks to be you guys. You guys can barely own guns... ROFL...

I love California. Gangs run around with fully automatic guns, but civilians are expected to defend themselves with shotguns and pistols... Hahahaha...

Thank God for Texas! Too bad I plan on moving to Cali

Honestly, Texas is starting to crack down on emissions too. Not as severely as California, but it's still there...

Matt.
                        You have totally missed the point. WE ALL NEED TO BAND TOGETHER. Not some "Texas rulez you droolz" *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Dont even get me started on texas' egobull.

The problem is NOT with alternative fuels and emission controls. The problem is with intelegence in the law making process. As drifters we want everyone whos not an automotive enthusiest to be driving the cleanest greenest vehichles they can. This is the majority that needs to be efected. The rich white girl in the huge SUV to show off, she needs to be driving something else. So that those who truely enjoy cars can continue to drive them.

Comment

you guys forgot the real enemy........S.U.V.s

i am disgusted by the amount of people acting like they are friking (yes with an I) St.Francis. guess what car gets better gas mileage. a 20 year old car compared to a brand new RSX type S. (the 4-AG in general wins....)

but yeah i can't say i feel your pain about the whole emissions thing because guess what....michigan does not do that. yay i can drive whatever pos i want to. from geo storms to ford festivas which are probably very efficent. lately there has been a rise of cars that are good on fuel and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                            One word: Petition. This government is for the people by the people, right? We don't need some tyrant taking away our freedoms. And as for global warming, why are they pinpointing cars as the source of the problem? Why not factories and powerplants? Another thing those environmentalist pansies neglect to acknowledge is that a large amount of greenhouse gases are produced naturally by things like volcanic eruptions and fires. Not only that, but that hole in the ozone layer has been 'healing' in recent years.
                            What you say is true, but the reason they do not come down on factories and powerplants is the fact they have lobbyist, we do not. As for green house emissions, wouldnt natural disasters causing green house emissions make it even more important to cut them down?

Honestly with older cars. make them run catalytic converters, but do not make them have to reach some modern number of emissions.. Cats clean the exhaust soooo much for how little they effect performance that i do not see a reason for not running them.

Comment

the thought of moding or tunning your car not being in exsitance is never going to happen. humans wont allow it. plain and simple so we go from gas powered to another source...so what. there will be companies that will find ways of making things go faster.

nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X