Front bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper

Ive seen a couple of videos where some of the drivers dont have Front bumpers, and sometimes even back ones.

Whats that all about???

My theories:

1. They are really trying for a great power/weight ratio.

2. They want as much air flowing through the intercooler, radiator, and engine for maximum cooling.

3. They hit a wall or other drifter or something and it just fell off. This happened at Formula D Irwindale to one of the pros during a demo.

Comment

They take it off not to damage their aftermarket nose

Comment

Thanks guys, yea i kinda figured it was because they didnt want to smash there bumper if they hit something but i wasnt sure

Comment

That's so weaksauce. If you buy something for your car, at least have the cojones to leave it on when you track it. Otherwise, you're just a ricer.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
            That's so weaksauce. If you buy something for your car, at least have the cojones to leave it on when you track it. Otherwise, you're just a ricer.
            Agreed.

Comment

I'm sure the people in those videos lives revolve around drifting and they probably put all there money into there cars and that car is most likely there daily driver. So if they smash the bumpers up its going to look like sh!t and nobody wants to ride around in a smashed up car.

Any regular person that doesnt know what drifting is or that your driving a drift car, is just going to think your a stupid ricer that doesnt know how to drive, and your imitation Fast and the Furious stunt you pulled to show off to your friends didnt work.

Can somebody back me up on this!?!?!

Comment

I agree with Crazy. Some people just don't have the money to keep replacing your nose.

Personally I would leave it on if I wasn't about to go all out but if you're ranked low and need to make qualifying..I'd yank the nose off.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
                  I'm sure the people in those videos lives revolve around drifting and they probably put all there money into there cars and that car is most likely there daily driver. So if they smash the bumpers up its going to look like sh!t and nobody wants to ride around in a smashed up car.

Any regular person that doesnt know what drifting is or that your driving a drift car, is just going to think your a stupid ricer that doesnt know how to drive, and your imitation Fast and the Furious stunt you pulled to show off to your friends didnt work.

Can somebody back me up on this!?!?!
                  So wrong.

The only excuse for taking off your bumper is if it fell off. Sometimes i take it off at the track track with crubs and burms and gravel and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but thats only if its a practice day and a competition is right around the corner or something. If its a competition, its SO weaksauce to take off aero. I hate that.

And *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, if someone doesn't understand why your aero is broken, how am i gonna explain why my daily driver has mismatched seats, stripped interior, no AC/heater/fan, minimal sound deadening no carpet, no silencers, etc... F, if they don't like it, they don't have to ride in my car. They can walk.

Here, check out the daily driver:

Notice the duct tape on the front bumper and misalignment of all the seams? HAH! Now a lot of the duct tape is gone and I have re-glassed the backside of the bumper using resin and various fiber glass cloths and mats. Holds up good, too. So good, that i lowered the car again in the front cause hitting dips in the road and stuff wont break the bumper...

Comment

Dude your such a hypocrite! You just admitted that u take off your front bumper sometimes when you drift. So why would you say "That's so weaksauce" when you yourself do it?!?!

The video wasn't a competition, I don't think anybody is stupid enough to go into a competition without bumpers on purpose.

When i said "nobody wants to ride around in a smashed up car" I meant you as the driver, why would you want to drive around in a car that is smashed up. Do you have any self pride?? Do you think your car looks kool cuz u have duct tape holding together the front bumper??

Comment

Dude your such a hypocrite! You just admitted that u take off your front bumper sometimes when you drift. So why would you say "That's so weaksauce" when you yourself do it?!?!

The video wasn't a competition, I don't think anybody is stupid enough to go into a competition without bumpers on purpose.

When i said "nobody wants to ride around in a smashed up car" I meant you as the driver, why would you want to drive around in a car that is smashed up. Do you have any self pride?? Do you think your car looks kool cuz u have duct tape holding together the front bumper??
                      Yeah i take off my bumper after i hit something. Sorry, it sounded weird, i guess i was thinking that but didn't type it. See, for competitions if it falls off, i try and put it back on ASAP.

Do i think i am KOOL cause i have ducttape on my bumper? Perhaps i do. Because i know i got battle damge from drifting my car over apexes or that time i hit a mountian. I don't think anything of it... its cheap fiberglass bumpers. And since I'm getting sponsored by version:SELECT it will be even more reasonable.

Whatever... if the video is of a competition, they hit something and it fell off maybe. IF its a track day, either they took it off or they hit something earlier and its somewhere in the midfield or back in the pits. You have to realize, with a car super low, hitting bumps in the road while at track-speeds will knock your bumper off sometimes (depending on the track and the turn).

This is the part of your posts i don't like the most: "Any regular person that doesnt know what drifting is or that your driving a drift car, is just going to think your a stupid ricer that doesnt know how to drive, and your imitation Fast and the Furious stunt you pulled to show off to your friends didnt work."

Any "REGULAR" person can go F.uck themselves then. I have a drift car, not a show car damnit! I think it is cool to have battle scars. I wear mine with pride. If i see another 240 or FC or soemthing with aero and some chunks missing and cracks... and its stripped, has nice wheels, dumped, stretched tires, etc... I would be liek "Cool" Or "Word" or something hip like that. If i saw a 240 with ugly Shogun aero, 16x7 wheels, shock/springs and a stock leather interior, i would say something like "Goo" or "Not cool".

I think you care too much. Who knows why the bumpers were off? Variety of different reasons.

Anyways, like i said in my post, i re-fiberglassed the backside of my bumper so now it nas no ducttape on it (its stronger, but it doesn't look much better). I got battle scars from drifting my car. You?

Comment

Whats so wrong with battle scars? Unless ur driving a lexus, whats the point in saving ur bumper? I mean, if people see you driving around in an old car (S13, FC, Hachi) they are gonna think "that car is a piece of sh!t. look friends, and laugh at the piece of sh!t!" So what if it has a few bumps. It only adds to the sleeper effect gaurenteed (sp?) from and older car like that, and no ones gonna know how nice it is untill track day, but those people wont care about a few cracks.

Comment

Being as that I dont have a car to drift I can't say that I have battle scars from drifting. I have however hit a garbage, almost a car, and a telephone pole while drifting a fourwheeler haha :P but thats another story for another day. Granted any older car has been around the block a few times and has some damage, especially a drift car. I'm not talking scratches or lil pieces takin out of ur bumper im talking big pieces missing from it, or its barely on and dragging on the ground. Who cares about the "sleeper effect" drifting is more drivers skill than the car. I don't know your backround and/or skills UberSpeed but im sure Ken Nomura or basically any D1 driver at that could most likely kick your *Censored**Censored**Censored* in any piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* stock drift car. If your relying on just your car to make you a better drifter u should leave the sport.

Comment

Being as that I dont have a car to drift I can't say that I have battle scars from drifting. I have however hit a garbage, almost a car, and a telephone pole while drifting a fourwheeler haha :P but thats another story for another day. Granted any older car has been around the block a few times and has some damage, especially a drift car. I'm not talking scratches or lil pieces takin out of ur bumper im talking big pieces missing from it, or its barely on and dragging on the ground. Who cares about the "sleeper effect" drifting is more drivers skill than the car. I don't know your backround and/or skills UberSpeed but im sure Ken Nomura or basically any D1 driver at that could most likely kick your *Censored**Censored**Censored* in any piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* stock drift car. If your relying on just your car to make you a better drifter u should leave the sport.
                            What the F? You are out of hand, sir. You don't even have a car! Let alone truely know what drifting is, and what the lifestyle that goes along with it is. Its not what you think. Seriously, we sit around and watch drift videos, then read magazines liek DT and BM and then go to the mountains and drive, come home get no sleep and go on with a normal life. Forget girls, I spend my money on a gauranteed return. track days, tires, upgrades, etc...

I don't know UberSpeed. He could be the next Asamoto or he could be another "you". Who cares, you are being cocky and sh!t but you don't even drift. Oh man.

Comment

Did I say the drifting lifesyle was anything else???? NO

I never said I was any good at drifting. He could be, but I doubt it.

Lets drop this all, because i dont want to get banned from the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X