PDA

View Full Version : imma stay a subbie girl...

Senshi Tenshi
12-06-2003, 11:30 PM
after thinkin bout it for a looong time..i decided imma get another subbie. my last subbie i only had for a lil while til all that stuff happened..so basically i didnt get to do anythin to it..well imma get another 2.5 rs coupe soon..01 or 00 whatever i find first..well i need suggestions from ya guys. its AWD and imma keep it that way..but im gonna make it a dori subbie..so help me out w/some suggestions on every mod you can think of. (i asked some guy friends and they couldnt come up w/any serious replies..so here i turn to you wonderful peepz..SERIOUS MODS NOW!! dont lemme down! hehe)

**oh and for aerokits..what are some subbie favs of you guys?

ACDSupra7
12-06-2003, 11:55 PM
You should talk to Coilover kid. He's got a great 2.5. It's complete, and he built it from the start.

I personally have no suggestions. I'm not to familiar with the dynamics of 4WD drift, so I can't suggest any parts/settings.

For aero, I'm a big fan of the JDM GC8 front bumper.

J-BloodAE86
12-07-2003, 12:15 AM
get the wagon, its so much cooler....specially with the Liberal bodykit. mmmmm

Ghost of Duluth
12-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Don't know how much you got to spend, but that new Legacy that's coming out next year is sweeeeeeeeeet.

Shin_Kudou
12-07-2003, 01:33 AM
GC8 pwnz j00!

Well, maybe not. Maybe it just pwnz. :D

racerjon777
12-07-2003, 02:09 AM
I would invest in some sort of suspension upgrades first, it makes plenty of power, but u need to harness it to the ground. I would get some coildovers, and anything to stiffen the suspension. Then invest in some nice tires, and maybe a turbo if ur subbie dont come with it...

Chas
12-07-2003, 02:38 AM
Suspension. Its the most important thing in a well built dirft/race car.

hachiroku-fc3s
12-10-2003, 01:50 PM
What is it with scoobies and chicks? The only WRX I have ever driven was a chicas. Thats not to say guys cant drive em. I would say get the center of gravity as low as possible and then take a lot of speed into the drift. Outside of that, talk to Onevia_S13, mod on driftcentral.com. He has a 2.5RS. Jonnyslick over there has a scoob too. I cant remember their sns on this site. Maybe the same. Oh and with a DCCD? Torque split: 35 front 65 rear.

S13_Steve
12-10-2003, 05:34 PM
buy a bag of rice and put it in ur fuel tank....

Senshi Tenshi
12-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by S13_Steve
buy a bag of rice and put it in ur fuel tank....

..wtf?

Chas
12-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Ignore it.

Senshi Tenshi
12-10-2003, 07:39 PM
*hugs chas* haha

okay suspension..k chas can you name some companies that make subbie aerokits? cuz i just realized..not a lot do..or maybe that's just cuz i didn't look hard enough

Chas
12-10-2003, 08:32 PM
For the newer WRX style body?

STi
Chargespeed
Syms
Aqua
Trust
JUN
Liberal
I'aunsport
Zero Sports
C-West

A few of the JDM ones

Senshi Tenshi
12-10-2003, 10:52 PM
no for a 2.5 rs coupe..00 or 01

Chas
12-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Same thing as wrx

Shin_Kudou
12-11-2003, 01:03 AM
You should pick up the HyperRev Impreza book. Even if some of the parts are harder to get, it still has examples of just about anything on the market, and the best pics of aero kits you can find. They should have it at Asuhiya or Kinokuniya books. I'm going there tomorrow, so I'll make sure to look while I'm there. so you won't have to possibly make a pointless trip. If they don't have it, there are several online sources. I'd imagine that Chas might carry some of the books, too?

BTW, what chassis code is an 00-01? Is it a GC8, or is that older?

techNIX
12-11-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Senshi Tenshi
no for a 2.5 rs coupe..00 or 01

Gotta get this one :)
http://www.aerosim-research.com/subaru/images/feb_10.jpg

http://www.aerosim-research.com/subaru/images/feb_2.jpg

http://www.aerosim-research.com/subaru/images/feb_1.jpg

more info here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=434290&

search www.nasioc.com there's plenty of info and pictures of aeroparts from different manufacturers. Some you can search for are STi, Prodrive, Prova, C-West, Cuscso, Syms, Do-Luck, Chargespeed, MRO, Greddy, and Orciari.

P.S the do-luck kit has wide body fenders also, too bad the front bumper is ugly :p

techNIX
12-11-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Shin_Kudou

the 93-01 is generally referred to as the GC8, even though what we got in the US during those years were the GC (sedan) or GM (coupe). The 8 refers to the engine, EJ20.

Spec
12-11-2003, 07:38 AM
after thinkin bout it for a looong time..i decided imma get another subbie. my last subbie i only had for a lil while til all that stuff happened..so basically i didnt get to do anythin to it..well imma get another 2.5 rs coupe soon..01 or 00 whatever i find first..well i need suggestions from ya guys. its AWD and imma keep it that way..but im gonna make it a dori subbie..so help me out w/some suggestions on every mod you can think of. (i asked some guy friends and they couldnt come up w/any serious replies..so here i turn to you wonderful peepz..SERIOUS MODS NOW!! dont lemme down! hehe)

Hello lady, I'm Spec. :D

Listen, for Subbies, I have evreything, I mean EVERYTHING you need. From bushings to turbos.
For shocks, quality vs price, I recommend KYB AGX ajustable shocks. Sway bars will be a must to get the car stifefr and tower bars too. As for body kits, it all depends on your taste. I can get you a really (REALLY NICE IMO) Zerosports body kit but it's really expensive. But depending on your budget, Bomex makes a cool one to for not so much. I have also IHI Zerosports turbos for your liking, you can choose from 3 different kits. I also have intercoolers, wheels, plugs, ignition components, coils....name it! My friend has a 2.5RS 2000 and let me tell ya, it's a speed machine. I love those cars.
If you planning on get a 2.5RS I suggest you go with a 2 door, they are rare but so much better looking.

Ask me anything you need to know, I'll help ya out for sure.

Spec.

Chas
12-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Shin_Kudou

Yep, hyperev.

The code is GC8, the 02-03 are GDA.

Coiloverkid was selling his, you shoud look into that lucy.

hachiroku-fc3s
12-11-2003, 08:48 AM
My bad, no dccd. But those tend to oversteer anyway for awd dont they. Shouldnt be too hard to drift. And as for aeros. I wouldnt do it. I like the way they look stock. With the right suspension you are going to have an aggressive stance and that would prob be enough. I have never seen a kit for that year that I liked as much as factory. But hey its your car. BTW nice sig.

nightracer
12-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Since you're wanting to get an GDB Imprezza 2.5 RS it raises thought of budget. Maybe you are on a strict budge, maybe not. You have to remember that after you learn to drift you'll be looking to do more advanced drifts which require more power.. The extra power would be easily achieved with an early WRX. You can find them used for decent prices.

To answer your question about the 2.5RS if you get one, I would try to get the car in the best working condition first.. Upgrade your suspension then your brakes and tires then you'll be set. When you get good with that set up you'll be ready for more power and you can always boost it if you want to dish out some cash.

Shin_Kudou
12-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by nightracer
Since you're wanting to get an GDB Imprezza 2.5 RS it raises thought of budget. Maybe you are on a strict budge, maybe not. You have to remember that after you learn to drift you'll be looking to do more advanced drifts which require more power.. The extra power would be easily achieved with an early WRX. You can find them used for decent prices.

Don't forget, she's not learning as much as you might be implying here, she already had one and drifted in it before. I'd also suspect that's why the choice is a 2.5 instead of a WRX, because it makes sense to use a car you have more experience and gradually upgrade it, instead of getting something with distinctly different characteristics all at once.

s13/350z
12-11-2003, 12:00 PM
sorry it took me so long to post this subbie girl.:D GL with the new car.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/main.html

aeMD
12-11-2003, 01:58 PM
hey i have a quick question...

is the impreza front-drive biased, or rear-drive???

i'm guessing its fronts cuz my friend's Rex hella understeers

get a HUGEa$$ swaybar in the rear to get the bum out

hachiroku-fc3s
12-11-2003, 01:58 PM
I guess that from your stating "I want to keep it AWD" and "real mods" you are implying that someone told you to disconnect the front axles. Heard that one before.

Senshi Tenshi
12-11-2003, 04:21 PM
dayyyum!! thanks a lot guys!! much love to all of you! thanks :)

where are you all located? if in cali..where in cali? i might just have to meet up w/some of you sometime. . . *hmm*

and yup, they said disconnect the front axles..but i think naw

Chas
12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Ohoho.

STFUAD
12-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Woo hoo! Another Scooby owner! I can't risk running my show scooby into a curb so I'll leave the drifting to a wide open lot (if I can even get my wrx to drift) and leave the rest to be the s13 in my near future! Just a couple more bonus checks, I think.

2003 Aspen White Scooby WRX
Blitz B/O
C-west Bodykit
APR Carbon Wing
(soon) 17" Buddy Club Rims
(soon) Carbon Hood with STI scoop
(soon) IHI VF30 turbo upgrade

Kevin
Store Manager
Jasper Performance
www.jasperperformance.com

Senshi Tenshi
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
niiiice subbie!! sweet avatar!

Shin_Kudou
12-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey, by the way, I checked Asuhiya Books in Little tokyo, and they have the HyperRev Impreza book.

driftaholic
12-12-2003, 12:49 PM
wow i havent been in this rrom for an ill minute..lol anyways the trust kit is SICKNESS!!! i would literally drop my pants and.... well mabie i should stop talking because this could get pretty nasty..lmao sup angel!

sin-R
12-12-2003, 01:04 PM

Wtf?! ..If I'm not mistaking, you can get Subaru Impreza's from 00, 01 as coupe's??
Or am I way of now :p

hachiroku-fc3s
12-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes their was a coupe offered. While not many ppl in the US modify scoobies to their potential. In the UK and Japan, there are crazy things done to these cars and they are sweet. 660 hp monsters and tons of kits. But in the US, it didnt seem to do that well and ppl who modify them, keep it mild. Oh and what is the options for torque split in the GC8? I heard of someone who keeps their center diff locked at 36/64 for oversteer. I thought the DCCD was only offered on the most revent Imprezas though.

quickstyleRPS13
02-07-2004, 12:26 AM
sorry i might be a little late and i didnt read the whole thread but if your still looking for somthing for your impreza check this site out if you havent already www.vividracing.com thay got some cool stuff. damn im late on this one. sorry

Senshi Tenshi
02-07-2004, 01:48 AM
wow..i forgot about this post!! *cries* :(
yeah, a bit late, but thanks a lot sweetie..*hug* haha
im gettin a 240 now..i really like subbies and stuff..but 4wd drifting? nooo i cant do it..ill leave that to the pros..id cry everytime i think about what im puttin the poor engine through

thanks though :)

Senshi Tenshi
02-07-2004, 01:52 AM
hey thats a nice site!!! but UGHHHHH now im back to subaru obsession!! ahhhhhh why did you have to remind me!!! omg thats so sexy.. awww *sob* :(
lol now im hesitating on the 240 again

..but, again thats a nice site :p

nissanguy_24
02-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Get a 240 !

im just biased though, i like the idea of female 240 drifters...

quickstyleRPS13
02-07-2004, 03:02 AM
cool sh!t i think i got an online hug .haha take it from me iv owned both a 2.5rs and a 180sx(i lived in japan and yes it was a rps13 180sx not a 240sx)sorry just had to make that clear for all thoughs people who hate on other people for calling there 240's 180's.but any ways where was i? o yeah get the 240sx its much funner to drift with and sorry for bringing up the subaru. trust me you will like the 240 just as much.i used to love subaru till i moved to japan and got a 180sx sh!t i had so much fun i bought 2. haha. www.quickstyle.org check out the site it isnt done but it has pics of my 2 cars on it. the first pic that shows up is me on the white 180 and the other black 180 on the site was also mine. anyways go with nissan there great.

Senshi Tenshi
02-07-2004, 03:10 AM
awesome :)
thanks rps13!! :cool:

emission
02-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Ask me if i care about the abuse i put my motor through. I'm the blown motor king!!!!:D

WildSe7en
02-07-2004, 08:44 AM
sorry....I'm late to the party

check out Vivid Racing (http://www.vividracing.com) They have a lot of stuff for the 2.5RS

Coiloverkid
02-08-2004, 11:04 AM
AHHH WE just got in a 2001 rs, last year of the GC body chassis!!!!!11 it's a silver two-door coupe! bone stock with the coupe wing. someone traded it in... PM me and i'll send you the pricing when it gets logged in.

JapandaAE86
02-08-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey senshi tenshi. why not just stick with the scoobster? thats what you said you wanted to do in the first place. i wouldnt bother crying about what stress you put on your motor and/or suspension, otherwise youll be dehydrated very quickly and you probably dont need to do anything performance oriented if thats the way you feel. i really think itd be cool to see a girl drifting an AWD. i think itd be very impressive to the masses.

also, do you have any vids of you drifting?

rx7imprt
02-08-2004, 01:35 PM
im kind of late but i like the trial kit for the older subs

Chachi
02-08-2004, 01:51 PM
I have an option mag that has a RWD upgrade for drifting. It looks like it replaces a diff (center?) with a spline shaft with a bearing around it. I guess this lets the front freewheel safely while making it RWD. It shows a Sube and the words
"drift AWD->RWD" its about 40,000 yen which is less than 400 dollars.

You can also contact my friend. He is known as "AWDrifter". He has cause quite a commotion round here because for being such a new person to this, he can realy slide his Sube with awd.

On top of that, I know someone who converted their RS to RWD

AWDrifter (http://dgtrials.com/bbs/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=211)

you can see his videos by clicking here:

small short video as begginner (small file)
Tryout video (http://clo.no-ip.org:81/C-LO%20images/Videoz/SecondTry.MPG)

Compilation video at event (Large file)
Dowlloween DGTRIALS Video (http://clo.no-ip.org:81/C-LO%20images/Videoz/Drift%20Vids/AWDrifter.mpg)

Senshi Tenshi
02-08-2004, 03:29 PM
thanks guys for the support :)

<~~~this chicka appreciates it!! and coiloverkid...do you work at an acura dealer or something? or maybe its a different car....cuz at this one acura dealer someone JUST traded in this 01 2.5 rs coupe..bone stock too w/the coupe wing..silver too! well, ill pm you now, cuz im interested.

i think i just about give up on 240's..its freakin insane these days. everybody that seems to know bout drifting is taking advantage of this chance, and if they have a 240 they're all goin..sell sell sell!! and all with crazy prices. i don't blame them though, i'd prob do the same if i was in the same position.

i already told a few guys bout this, but about a month ago..i saw this 98 240 on autotrader..looked pretty clean..5sp..askin 9k..but the mileage was 160k!! wtf thats crazy high!! and for that mileage i dont think 9k is worth it..i thought they made a mistake..maybe it was 60 k and they accidently put in a 1 or somethin lol..so i called the dealer. the guy told me "you know what that's a VERY fair price. theres no mistake at all, and in fact i can raise it as high as i like. it's a TWO FOURTY..ALL the kids are drifting is these days. do you know what drifting is??"

omg. unbelievable. yeah, i hung up on the guy cuz i didnt wanna waste time arguing with some creep like that. but dude. some people are making drifting look baaad :(

(and a week later..i guess they couldnt sell it..so they lowered the price to 8k..and changed the mileage from "160,000" to "159,000". uh, yeah, sure guys. big difference thats gonna do!) :rolleyes:

so i think. imma try for a subbie afterall. *pms coiloverkid* hope this can have a good price.........*crosses fingers* :p

ACDTrueno
02-10-2004, 12:00 AM
thanks guys for the support :)

<~~~this chicka appreciates it!! and coiloverkid...do you work at an acura dealer or something? or maybe its a different car....cuz at this one acura dealer someone JUST traded in this 01 2.5 rs coupe..bone stock too w/the coupe wing..silver too! well, ill pm you now, cuz im interested.

i think i just about give up on 240's..its freakin insane these days. everybody that seems to know bout drifting is taking advantage of this chance, and if they have a 240 they're all goin..sell sell sell!! and all with crazy prices. i don't blame them though, i'd prob do the same if i was in the same position.

i already told a few guys bout this, but about a month ago..i saw this 98 240 on autotrader..looked pretty clean..5sp..askin 9k..but the mileage was 160k!! wtf thats crazy high!! and for that mileage i dont think 9k is worth it..i thought they made a mistake..maybe it was 60 k and they accidently put in a 1 or somethin lol..so i called the dealer. the guy told me "you know what that's a VERY fair price. theres no mistake at all, and in fact i can raise it as high as i like. it's a TWO FOURTY..ALL the kids are drifting it these days. do you know what drifting is??"

omg. unbelievable. yeah, i hung up on the guy cuz i didnt wanna waste time arguing with some creep like that. but dude. some people are making drifting look baaad :(

(and a week later..i guess they couldnt sell it..so they lowered the price to 8k..and changed the mileage from "160,000" to "159,000". uh, yeah, sure guys. big difference thats gonna do!) :rolleyes:

so i think. imma try for a subbie afterall. *pms coiloverkid* hope this can have a good price.........*crosses fingers* :p

you think those 240 prices are bad....you should see the 86's...XD it's like HELL to find a cheap one. lol. and my friend has an 01 coupe 2.5 RS things are awesome....if you did drift it...wouldn't the back end just eventaully whip rite back on you and go straight again? anyway good luck. ^.^

emission
02-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by rx7imprt
im kind of late but i like the trial kit for the older subs

I don't think anyone here gave do-luck a look at thier kits for the rs is soooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt.