Miata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata?

I was just reading an article about the 2004 Miata and about how it is turbocharged. I was just wondering if the other Miata's like the 90's through 95's are able to turbocharge or do they come stock turbo.

also what year miata would you recommend for drifting?

www.miataforum.com

Go there.........NOW

Comment

The MazdaSpeed Miata is turbocharged, not the normal Mazda Miata. Think of MazdaSpeed like Ford's SVT, Toyota's TRD, or Dodge's Mopar (except better than those, at least to a Miata lover )

You can turbocharge pretty much anything, as long as its a combustion engine, but you might have to change the internals to be able to handle the extra stress.

Hey Tuner, what's your name on miataforum? (I'm AuspeX)

Comment

Judging from your lack of knowledge about miatas... I would guess you are a new driver also. In that case, there is no need to worry about turbos. All they'll cause is excessive gas consumption, unreliability, and possibly an accident. Miatas are great cars dead stock. No other car in that price range is so good stock IMO.

Comment

well, technically the Mazdaspeed MX-5 is no Miata. Nowhere on the car is the name "Miata" placed. Only Mazdaspeed and MX-5. And while it is essentially the same thing, no one calls a WRX an Impreza (without the WRX). Its just not done. So maybe we should start a trend and from now on call it the Mazdaspeed MX-5. that would be cool (for some reason)

Comment

whether or not is has the label 'miata' on it...its still a miata. u can call it whatever u want, but most people will still call it a miata cause thats what it is.

a silvia without the nissan or silvia badges is still a silvia right? same deal

Comment

once again someone just had to make me look stupid because they are smarter than me. but i seriously think that mazda was trying to drop the miata name to reduce the stigma around "miata." after all, to most people, a chick car is a chick car, no matter how good it is. personally i think mazda didnt call it a miata for more reasons than the fact that shaved emblems look cool.

Comment

Nah, they didnt want to get rid of the miata name, even though some people think it is a chick car, it still sells very well, with males and females. Even though I dont love the car, I dont think its that bad, and I dont think its as much of a chick car as it used to be. And in their inventory etc, its still listed as a Miata, and on all of my car commercials around here its called the MX-5 Miata. AND if you look at the mazda ad on the 4th page of the newest Super Street (and almost all new magazines) it says "The new turbocharged MazdaSpeed MX-5 Miata". SO that pretty much clears up the idea that they wanted to loose the miata name, and the fact that its now turbocharged, and its very sleek and fast, I would say its far past the "chick car" thing, and its well on its way to be an appreciated roadster.

Comment

Mazda had to drop the miata name becasue of a judgement in a long standing IP lawsuit from a bicycle manufacturer.

Comment

Um...no BenR they didn't, go to their website, you'll still find the Miata, and like I said, they still use the miata name in their ads.

Comment

Originally posted by M5-Drifter
                      Um...no BenR they didn't, go to their website, you'll still find the Miata, and like I said, they still use the miata name in their ads.
                      Really then how do you explain this?

http://forum.miata.net/cgi-bin/ultim...;f=11;t=016631

Comment

They still havent dropped the name I dont care what any forums say, go to a mazda dealership, the mazda website, or look at a mazda add, its still called the Miata, and I have heard no OFFICIAL news that they have dropped the name, and I have a friend who is a manager at one of my local mazda dealerships, and he said their has been no notice of dropping the name. So I see no physical evidence of it, only some posts on a miata forum.

Comment

The car is rwd and usually comes with a stick. It weighs around 2300lbs (older model) and will outrun alot of modified Hondas in a straightline and definitely around the turns. The double wishbone setup and fairly good weight distribution makes it a tuners dream. What about it reeks of chick? Because it's a convertible, small and compact? By the way if slapping a turbo suddenly makes it a man's car, you got issues. It has the same straightline acceleration has the 1st gen and has more curb weight, which means it will never have the handling potential a 1st gen has.

Comment

Working...
                          X