ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you turn off Super Hicas on a 240SX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you turn off Super Hicas on a 240SX?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I can get my hands on a 91 240SX in really good condition inside and out with about 100k miles for about $1.5k. Does that seem like a good price? If so does anybody know how you turn off Super Hicas? I want to be able to drift the car and I know that Super Hicas wouldn't be the best option. But I've been looking and there just aren't that many 240s in the Northeast in good condition. Thanks In Advance.

RE:

There's probably a fuse. Browse through a shop manual.

Comment

ACDSupra7 doesnt know what hes talking about. You need to get a hicas eliminator.
      http://www.splparts.com/S13/Suspension/ArmBush.asp

Comment

RE:

My bad.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I am guessing it's easier and a lot cheaper probably to find one without Hicas.

Comment

you flip the switch to "OFF" worked on my 240

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker
              you flip the switch to "OFF" worked on my 240
              Are you being serious? I didn't remember seeing a switch on the car but I didn't inspect everything to the finest detail.

Comment

get your wheels lined up perefectly straight and unplug the hicas computer... or pay for the kit.

Comment

get the kit. Your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickStyle
                    get your wheels lined up perefectly straight and unplug the hicas computer... or pay for the kit.
                    This man has just saved you millions. you'll have to pulg it in every once and a while to reset and adjust the wheels but it works.

Comment

sorry, I was just joking about the flipping the switch off comment. Hicas is not an electrically controlled function like "traction" is on new cars. Its a mechanical system that senses speed and supposedly aids in turning (think Prelude 4 wheel steering). There are HICAS eliminator kits on the market. You should check www.pdm-racing.com or www.splparts.com I forget which one has the HICAS eliminator.

There's your answer.

Comment

ya, stillen sells them for a bunch but SPLparts has good deals on them. Don't use the cheap "do-it-youself" methods , only end up with big headache just spend the money and bolt it up urself.

Comment

sorry for the newbe question but whats Super Hicas

Comment

super hicas has been covered, just search. it's 4 wheel steering.

Comment

o
                              ok

Comment

Working...
                              X