Initial D ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial D ??

i'm I the only one that doesn't like this series?

i've been watching anime since about 1990, and I have to say that this is one of the worst animes that I have ever seen.

The story is weak, and the characters get on my nerves. The races are unrealistic and the music gives me a headache. I haven't watched it since I got 3 years, and I felt somehow robbed even though I got it for free!

Can someone please tell me what is so good about this series?

Some of the posters here list this movie as the main spark of interest for Touge racing and drifting, which seems quite odd to me. Maybe these people should watch Le mans, autobacs or F1, and see how real people race.

eh... I guess cartoons really are just for kids.

Re: intial D (???!!!???)

Originally posted by gundamzeta
    Maybe these people should watch Le mans, autobacs or F1, and see how real people race.
    Are you posting this as an attack to driftng?

I have interpreted your message wrong, but by my conclusions it seems that you believe that drifting was inspired by Initial D, if this is true, you are very wrong... Initial D was inpired by touge drifting in Japan, not the other way around...

But if thats not what you meant, jsut disregard that last paragraph.

And the only thing i like about Initial D is that its actually a show based on drifting, and for me, kinda fun to watch when i have nothing better to do....

Either way, please make what youre trying to say a little clearer so people wont misinterpret it.

Comment

if u dont like it,then dont watch it, simple as that

there r a lot of episodes so i dont understand y u continued to watch it if u didnt like it
      Last edited by karasac; 12-07-2003, 02:18 PM.

Comment

this isn't an informative thread. sounds like an attempt to start a flame war. why do you care what someone else watches with their free time? Please start crap somewhere else.

Comment

Initial D is one of the best anime of all time, but it's still just a tv show. I mean how many of us here jumped our hotwheels off ramps back in the 80's pretending to be the Duke boys?

Comment

RE:

INISHYARU DDD!!! KUUUUUU!!!

Comment

sorry if it sounded like i was flaming, i just wasnt sure what he meant, and if he meant that statement i quoted as an attack to drifting, he needs to get off of drifting.com (seeing how its DRIFTING.com)

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                INISHYARU DDD!!! KUUUUUU!!!
                Wheres my japanese/english dictionary when I need it....

Comment

well since it was made to sell/market to an individual group(mostly) it was made to be entertaining. Just a CARTOON. Not real just for fun and good times. And the races are realistic(if your referring to outcome) just look at the D1 in USA. a little 180 hp corolla won first place. get off drifting.com if u dont like drifting if u do like drifting good for you but theres no need to be negative u could have just asked Why do people enjoy this show? Am i missing something i dont find it entertaining...was that so hard?Good Day

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z
                    And the races are realistic(if your referring to outcome) just look at the D1 in USA. a little 180 hp corolla won first place.
                    That's because the D1 is judged on style, and in Initial D they were actually racing. Not a fair comparison at all.

Comment

Initial D is 100 times better than 2 fast 2 furious. This drift is bascially japanese style. The story is really good.

Bunta (takumi's father) he is excatly the same as Ueo. If you don't like it then I don't know what wrong with you.

Comment

RE:

I doubt a stock Trueno could beat a tuned GT-R, FD, or FC down the hill. Unless the other driver really blew. But who knows, I've never seen a race like that IRL.

But Initial D is just an anime. I'll be the first to admit that I really enjoy it. While the drifting is a little unrealistic, the lifestyle is familiar.

Comment

I don't think he attacked Drifting. He just stated that he didn't find the cartoon good. Cool. I don't care if you didn't like it. I do and love to watch it because it's so...so....Japanese. It's fun to watch and fun to watch and hell, just fun to watch.
                          I don't know about the unrealistic outcome of the race. I don't remember anyone ever stating in the cartoon what was done to the 86 before he blew the motor. But by his father being a supposed "Champion" drifter from the area back in the day, I can hardly think it was stock. Doesn't anyone remember him changing settings on the car before some of the races? So maybe it could beat an FC, FD or whatever down the hill. who knows.

It's a cartoon. it's not the bible. But it's a cartoon that is based on Drifting, with Drifting tips and has a good story. I also have been watching Anime since about the same time and I have to say that while the artwork in the first episodes is a little basic, the later stuff isn't bad at all. It's not up to Ghost in the Shell quality but good stuff none the less.

So watch it if you want to. I know you are just stating an opinion but F1 and Lemans? Sorry but those have nothing to do with Drifting. The cartoon is about un-sanctioned mountain running not mega money sanctioned racing. 2 TOTALLY different things. Like Hookers and Priests. Only thing they got in common is that they both have sex. Bout as much in common as Drfting and F1.

Comment

I doubt a stock Trueno could beat a tuned GT-R, FD, or FC down the hill. Unless the other driver really blew. But who knows, I've never seen a race like that IRL.

But Initial D is just an anime. I'll be the first to admit that I really enjoy it. While the drifting is a little unrealistic, the lifestyle is familiar.
                            the trueno was highly tuned by bunta sorry just letting u know that not to flame anyone

Comment

Tsuchiya brought this up in a Best Motoring DVD saying it was possible.Tsuchiya is the master mind behind all of the races in ID,so I don;t know if you can consider that valid,since he seems to make references to his position with ID *cough Drift Bible*.

Comment

Working...
                              X