I'm drifting no more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm drifting no more!

No offense, but I think I should just give up on watching and learning how to drift. I recently went to Motegi and watched the fifth round of JGTC and, holy crap, am I converted. The series kicks the shizzle out of anything sideways and best of all, it's coming here in December.

Check out these videos

Nismo Xanavi Skyline in-car videos

-ty

I agree that the JGTC series is impressive. I enjoy watching drifting for entertainment and for the machinery. It's impressive and the uneducated think it's cool because it's a change from the norm. But i'd take grip any day. My interest is more in the battles and lifestyle/culture that goes along with the touge and drifting. To each his own. I'm a Rally/hillclimb addict, so sliding in a parking lot or around cones at an exhibition isn't really my thing.

Comment

ummm ok thats nice?

good luck on trying to get behind one of those jgtc cars i bet you will quit that to if you even get a chance to drive one

Comment

Ralli,

I totally agree with you. I appreciate grip driving when it comes to racing and actually being on the track. Going sideways and losing traction is a whole lotta fun, especially when you're just messing around. it's also extremely fun to watch, particularly when you have someone with you who's never seen it before.

But having to been to Indy, JGTC, NASCAR ALMS etc I just love the idea of road racing and how much effort these atheletes are putting into pushing the cars as far as they can push them.

Ghost,

I guess I have good luck. I was inside the Xanavi Nismo Skyline at Motegi.

-ty

Comment

Unless you the son of Bill Gates all you can do is watch.

Just buy your own team. its not expensive.

Comment

It's only about $30,000 USD to get a race-ready car for the March Cup.

Comment

jgtc may sem cool, but it's the japanese nascar basically....No reason to leave drifting lol./

Comment

i wasnt going to say anythign originaly except maybe that jgtc is awsome, and that indy too is an awsoem display of driving skills....but nascar? i mean yeah im sure its harder than it looks but watching a bunch of high speed bilboards as far as im concerned isnt racing, circle track is different cause its guys sponsering themselves and you sliding most of the time, but i just can appreciate nascar, nothin towards you man but i just feel such a strong dislike for nascar that just you mentioning it with JGTC and INDY made me want to share my opinion

Comment

They make right turns in JGTC, making it more like American Le Mans.

Comment

japnese nascar? WTF i meant no disrespect to the guy who started cause he was merely stating his opinion, but to say JGTC is japanese nascar? im just going to assume your uneducated,
                    lets compare, how many turns does nascar have? 2....2 left turns at every track now i know some tracks may see to have three but that bulge in the track isnt a turn, its just a wider track.
                    how many turns does does JGTC have? there isnt a real answer since every track they race at is different
                    nascar-steel tube frames
                    JGTC/any gt series - highly modified factory chassis
                    i could give more but any more time devoted to this would make me as ignorant as you

Comment

hey, is the guy that started this thread Tyrone that writes the IGN Car articles?

If you are, I have some (hopefully constructive) criticism for you and your staff.

I visit the IGN site a lot cuz there's good info on there, but everytime I read an IGN Cars article, I can't help to think that the writers try too hard. You guys say stuff the way small children use big words to seem more mature and legitimate, especially in the reviews of cars, writing down things like "the American Aristo" when referring to a GS. Most enthusiasts see through stuff like that. I know it's impossible to do something that can satisfy the everyone, but I know more than a few people that also think the articles come off as fake. Anyway, I wasn't trying to bash anyone, I just think that, as writers that provide a good source of info, you should do more reporting than trying to doll up articles. Thanks

Comment

I watch Formula One every race, now I want to race one. I always have and always will but, I have about no chance of that ever happening. This is why I love drifting, anyone with a rear wheel drive car can do it, just takes a lot of practice to be really good. Drifting seems like it is the most attainable to mimick in your own car. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to drift. Sure I would love to go out in a JGTC car or ALMS car or especially an F1 car but, this wont happen, these teams have huge budgets that are something that one person could not wish to do, but I can put a few thousand and compete in D1, it's all up to driver skill.

Comment

do you even have driving skills to participate in jgtc many could come up with 30,000 but then you need a crew to help you an you need to pay them then you need sponsers blha blha blha
                          now im going to stop typing because I just some astronauts
                          and im going to build my self a spaceshuttle and launch into space and bring me back some space monkeys

Comment

Hey I just said it costs $30K to get the March Cup car. At least that's what the Nismo rep told me. But yeah, pit-crew, paddock rental, trailer, transportation, hotel, travel all that crap and you're probably a whole lot closer to $1 million for the entire March Cup. Man are those funny little cars fun to watch, though.

Comment

most of the jgtc driver probably drifted before or still do like for example: nobertu taniguchi,keichi tysuchia,manabu orido those are the ones off the top of my head

Comment

Working...
                              X