i got prollems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got prollems...

aight i was driving down the road went to drift my favorite turn and CLUNK....... there was a load nasty sound like my tranny jus dropped and clutch fluid shot up through the shifter bushing EVERYWHERE(ruined my favorite pants....) and now whenever i let the clutch off the floor the sligtest bit it makes a rattling grinding sound, even in neutral and reverse... what the hell is wrong????? throwout bearing? pressure plate? or worse the main gear and shaft???? any one have this happen to them too?? this is a 88 fc3s and im also havin problem keepin the damn motor idling... anyone know whats goin on for either of em? any help would be appricated.

I KNO WHAT U CAN USE THAST 1K FOR NOW!!! get your tranny fixed...and some used tires =0) v

Comment

Agh. That blows an especially large *shifty eyes*

Anyways. I have NO idea what's going on. Personally, i'm the kinda guy to just start tearing things apart til i found something that didn't look right. Then i'd get online and figure out what the pieces in my hand used to be, and then i'd get a new one and be on my way. As far is the idle is concerned. It's a rotary? they are sposed to run smooth and all, i just know nothing about them, sorry.

wow, this was a totally useless post. all apologies.

Comment

lol i probobly should jus tear things up i bought the car for 530 bucks whats the worst that can happend, but yea i think imma jus throw some injector cleaner at it and that should solve the idle problem but that transmition....

Comment

Ah, good deal. i'm actually looking at an fc as we speak. There's a 91 gls down here with 124k miles for 1900 it's looking pretty good too... so i may have to jump on that...

by the way, was the gls that really rare one?

Comment

The hydrolic line for the clutch probably failed and is spraying fluid every time you step on it.

Time to crawl under there and check over all the clutch mechanisms.

[edit]If it was tranny fluid you're all done.

As for the idle, go through the normal tuneup routine, check for vaccuum leaks, check ground wires, etc.
            Last edited by Parry; 09-16-2004, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X