hmm what about the FC3S[turbo]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm what about the FC3S[turbo]?

well,i guess i got it narrowed down.its legal in the US isnt it?

[cars knocked off my list]
    -honda civic
    -mr2
    -s13[still didnt get my answer if it was legal or not lol]

hmm then i thought about my friend who drove a FC[LHD].he said it was pretty good..but for some reason,incase i want a second car,it would be the integ.

i want a car that can drift,good handling,good speeds,not too common,good engine,FR drivetrain,etc..then the FC came into mind..
    Last edited by Rare; 09-16-2004, 08:27 PM.

what are you talking about integras are'nt common? they're everywhere why would you think about getting one if you want a drift car. get an fc

Comment

what planet are you from that integras arent common?!

Comment

lol srry,typo.

Comment

oh yeah,how much do fc's go for?on the other thread,someone mentioned 600bucks!? =/
          Last edited by Rare; 09-16-2004, 09:56 PM.

Comment

You mean FC? I'm sure you could get a beat n/a for that.

Comment

*roar*so many typos.

Comment

Re: hmm what about the FC3S[turbo]?

Originally posted by Rare

-s13[still didnt get my answer if it was legal or not lol]

yes, s13's are legal here. however, only the ka24 motor is legal. sr20det swapped s13's arent legal, as well as jdm s13/180sx/silvia.

Comment

SR20DET isn't necessary in a 240SX (S13) anyways. Too much money, too little parts support (sure my buddy Derek has one in his 1989, he also works at a Nissan dealership) and the KA24 is a superb platform for turbocharging and for N/A tuning.

In fact, 240SX's WITH the KA24DE were the dominant car in the old IMSA GTU category, fighting tooth and nail with Dodge Daytonas (gotta love the Turbo 2.2), Pontiac Fieros (Huffaker built some fierce Fieros in the 80's) and RX7's.

For your viewing pleasure, here's a picture of Butch Leitzinger's IMSA GTU factory Nissan 240SX from 1991. Enjoy, and maybe consider that JDM isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                    "too little parts support" "maybe consider that JDM isn't all that it's cracked up to be."

Your comment about parts support was correct 4 years ago, now SR parts are just about as common as anything else. As far as JDM not being all it's cracked up to be the reality is that the Japanese market gets the better car and better engines. They love to stick the US with the leftover mills that they have sitting around "one of the reasons that the 240 has a truck motor". I'm not saying that USDM stuff is bad, but the Japanese no doubt kept the good stuff for themselves.

Comment

just for the record i was reading an old car magazine and nissan was actually going to release the 240sx with a turbo 4 cylinder and a na 6 cylinder. The reason they didnt is because they wanted the insurance to be cheap and turbo or a v6 would have made it alot more.

Comment

A good NA fc will run you around 2-3 grand, depending on if its an S4 or S5 model (s5 costing more) And of course which model it is, GTU are the best i hear.

For a Turbo fc, expect to fork out around 4-6 grand for a good one. Same thigns above (model year type etc) Apply as well.

I personally would NEVER pay more then 6 grand for a perfect TII,

Lastly: Adjsut slightly for modification to the car. Intake, exhaust, suspension work etc. Just make sure theyre not trying to get back 100% of what they put back into the car

Comment

i should've never posted the 180sx topic lol ;_; for some reason,it got in here haha

thanks for the help xD

Comment

guys i got mt gtu for 530 bucks... a lil tranny problems but i think it was a great buy...when it was running right it ran beautifully i like it over my friends s14

Comment

um i was wondering..whats the engine on the fc called?and whats NA?

Comment

Working...
                              X