need some pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some pointers

hey...just picked up an '86.5 supra fitted with a '90 turbo 7MGTE motor, i wanna build the car from the ground up to make it drift-worthy, i know you can do it with a stock suspension, but i'd rather make it so i has the full effect of a drift, i've seen lots of videos with drifting being done, and i dunno if they're using stock setups or not, but i'd figure you'd need some mods in order to keep everythin from goin squirelly on the track

RE:

ST Sway bars, Tanabe struts, and JIC coilovers. That's my future setup (-_^) . Check the MA70 sections in general chat.

Comment

I like the older gen supras, I think they look pretty sharp. But I hope you know that they weigh more than the last generation supras. That's the only downfall to those cars.

If you really want to be good in that car, read my signature.

Comment

I perfer cusco but stuff is a little expensive. JIC or tanabe would be my second choice. I hate tien. But overall the supra is a cool platform to start form. A good contrast from all the 240s and 86s.Good luck man.

Comment

Yeah cusco is a good name to stick with.
          Remember on those older cars, just about everything is worn and needs replacing for optimal performance. Stiffin that biatch up!! Whats really fun though is, if you can, leave it stock for a while when your drifting. Once you start to get it down, you'll probably start to "feel" what needs to have replaced. THEN throw all the new stuff on. You'll feel like your playing a video game once you got the real stuff on!

Comment

thanx guys!! greatly appreciated, and oh yah..i know itz a heavy car, but it does make sense tho....start stock so ya need to know what needs to be replaced, but i will be doin a lot of carbon fibre upgrades to help lighten it up a little

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrewS14
              I perfer cusco but stuff is a little expensive. JIC or tanabe would be my second choice. I hate tien. But overall the supra is a cool platform to start form. A good contrast from all the 240s and 86s.Good luck man.
              why do you hate tein??

Comment

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...=1986%20TOYOTA Supra&vaffid=0

great site that has parts for the 86.5 supra

Comment

Why do you hate Tein? They make good stuff, except for that corrosion part. Otherwise very nice stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X