Whats up With Tarzan and the viper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up With Tarzan and the viper?

ok i live in new orleans and hardly ever get to see anything on d1 but when did tarzan start with a viper and why????

He's running the Benihanna sponsered Viper Competition Coupe (similar one as Samuel Hubinette). This car is going to be run at JGTC. He's just showing off the car at Formula D.

He's not a drifter BTW, nor does he claim to be one. He's a grip racer.

Matt.

Comment

He's a jackass is what he is. He's by definition the very kind of person that everyone complains about as "being irresponsible and giving the sport a bad name" but since he's Japanese, it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        He's a jackass is what he is. He's by definition the very kind of person that everyone complains about as "being irresponsible and giving the sport a bad name" but since he's Japanese, it's ok.
        I x2 to this... I'm sure he's a cool guy, but at Irwindale, he was completely reckless.

Matt.

Comment

I met him at the D1 drivers search. Talking to people and stuff he's normal. In front of the crowd he goes crazy though.

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
            I met him at the D1 drivers search. Talking to people and stuff he's normal. In front of the crowd he goes crazy though.
            So do I, but in accidents doing the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that he did isn't funny. He got in that accident at Irwindale.

When he got out of his car safely, the first thing he does is run out of his car and run up the fence. The least the guy could have done is checked on his fellow driver who got in the accident with him...

Matt.

Comment

?

What is the big deal, he acts like most Americans do!
              Here in Japan, most Americans stand out, not cause of thier
              looks, but cause of thier attitude, loudness, and being just
              stupid.
              He is just giving the crowd what they want.

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by hyrev
                What is the big deal, he acts like most Americans do!
                Here in Japan, most Americans stand out, not cause of thier
                looks, but cause of thier attitude, loudness, and being just
                stupid.
                He is just giving the crowd what they want.
                This is not the American way... I don't care what anyone says... I am an American, and I don't behave this way.

Alot of Americans are idiots. I agree with this. You hear it on the news. But your generalization is that most Americans are idiots...

I can generalize alot about Japan, but I prefer to get to know them personally rather than generalizing the race by them. I know alot about the Japanese, Korean, and American culture. We all look down on each other like one is superior to another. This is wrong. Noone is better than anyone.

Tarzan is a jackass... Being Japanese or American has nothing to do with this. That's my point.

Matt.
                Last edited by Craftsman; 09-19-2004, 05:19 PM.

Comment

dude at Irwindale, when he crashed the first thing he did was go to Yamamoto's car to check him out. And tarzan didn't crash into Yamamoto, Yamamoto crashed into him. As for him being crazy, thats just his personality, he has skills and likes to show them off, wouldn't you if you could drive like him???

Comment

i think

i think you misunderstood me. When I am around, here in Japan, you tend to see those that stand out from the crowd. The majority of them are the Americans. I too am American! I do not believe all Americans act this, I don't, but a lot of them do!
                    I try to fit in here, go with the flow. Most my good friends are Japanese, so in no way am I a racist. I have friends from just about every culture, heritage, background, etc......
                    Tarzan is crazy, in a good way. He does stand out when the situation calls for it. I am sure he just does not act all F'ed up, all the time.
                    Well, this is the wrong place to talk abou this, not in this forum at least. Tarzan just likes to get crazy, and I like that, he is one bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* driver. He has the skills most would only dream of! I would do anything to be able to handle my car like he does to his.

Comment

Tarzan is a cool guy. He is probally 1 of the most notiable racers in jgtc and d1. he may not be a drifter but it doesnt show cause that guy can drift. as for being reckless and all that other bs, dont hate cause he got sponsors. i personally think he is cool. he is projecting a funny image for racers/drifters and i think its funny. as for anyone that thinks diffrent, lighten up, he is just trying to have fun, thats the point of drifting, not complaining about someone that is having fun.

Comment

Tazan is a cool guy. He acts crazy because of his public image developed by Option.

I think I saw him making sure Yamamoto was ok before running out to the crowd... I could be wrong but don't judge a person and the whole tribe based on one action. Generalization is not cool.

Hubert Young
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

I'll shut up from this point on because I respect your opinion Hubert.

Matt.

Comment

Tarzan the Options character acts like a Jackass. Tarzan the person is a complete 180. I've met him numerous times. The first being at Apexi when he came to test the R33 Skyline about 5 years ago.
                            A lot of the Options guys are heavy drinkers and i've never heard of Tarzan going crazy. if you were at chevys in Sonoma....you'd know what im talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                              Tarzan is a cool guy. He is probally 1 of the most notiable racers in jgtc and d1. he may not be a drifter but it doesnt show cause that guy can drift. as for being reckless and all that other bs, dont hate cause he got sponsors. i personally think he is cool. he is projecting a funny image for racers/drifters and i think its funny. as for anyone that thinks diffrent, lighten up, he is just trying to have fun, thats the point of drifting, not complaining about someone that is having fun.
                              Amen to that. Tarzan's a really cool guy. It'd be so sweet to actually meet him.

B-Wurm

Comment

Working...
                              X