wtf happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf happened

i have been here for a long, long time. reading learning, watching. Wtf happened here, i thought it wouldnt happen "the invasion of newbies" is in full charge. What would be the best engine to put in the car i hope to have when i get my licence in two years. im not saying to you young people dont dream, dont think about it. im just saying use the search button. if you have a question search. if you are looking for parts search. if you need a video search. if you need pictures search. you get what i am saying use the search button, and there are other parts of the web you can get info so dont think that you need to come running here everytime you think of something. indeed everyone has had a newbie moment but seriously i cant stree that search button enough. this turned from a wtf to a please dont be a "newbie" newbie if you know what i mean.

P.S. use the search button.

I agree. It pisses me off when noobs ask about 4WD grip cars in a drifting forum. But oh well, this $#!t$ never gonna stop.

Comment

even though i only have like 40 posts i have been here for over a year, and before i joined i read and what not, so any of you who have been here for a short time cant talk nothing about me unless i say something that contradicts what i have said.

Comment

I post dumb information that does not make any sense and ask dumb stuff that doesn't pertain to anything said.

That said, I try to help out new people rather than bash on them. Also, alot of the new people don't realize that there is a forum just for new people where they will not get flamed for asking whatever they want.

Let's just say if I don't want to get flamed I start a thread ethere.

Matt.

Comment

i agree about lots of posts lately but we all have to start somewhere.

one post that has really been bothering me is stuff about a 180SX. i mean people are like how much can i buy one for? when is the best time to buy it 8pm or 9pm, what is the difference, how much does shipping cost. i say if its your first car and you want to drift with it chances are mistakes will be made so i would not spend that much. that and my new car thread was drowned out
          (l8- (

Comment

Being a noob myself, I think these kids are really dumb. I keep to myself, reading posts without commenting. I really think they would learn a lot more from reading and searching than posting dumb and useless things. Too bad it will never change...

On another note, I hate people being so lazy with posts. Not capitializing "I's" and such, jesus christ just read over your post once or copy and paste it, into Word, not that hard...

Comment

Yeah, you can learn a lot more by listening than by talking.

But then again this is my generation, the spoiled, illiterate, impatient generation. The 'I gotta have it now, just the way I saw it on TV generation.'

"I don't want to read things, just tell me!"

Comment

"TV generation"
                i am the perfect example of this tv generation. the tv is my best and worst friend ever. i have shared the bad times and the good times. from the simpsons to Mr.Bill and even the crappy shows that fox has now. i have watched most likely thousands of hours and that is from guessing (its probably a lot more). my tv has died about 3 times and its older than me. it does not even have the original button to turn it on <8- ) now it has a switch that has electricuted me many a time.
                don't ever speak poorly of my parents again! just messing around but seriously dont speak poorly of the good ol' Television.

Comment

No one will ever listen to you guys, but I'd like to take 5 from acting like a jackass to thank you for rocking some common sense.

Comment

srry for being a newb =[

Comment

It happens in every forum, with every time of topic.
                      I mean, there's people yellingn out the "Noob" name even in my xbox forums. How can you be an Xbox noob??
                      We all just need to let it slide once in a while, and hope out mods can lock/delete those useless threads with a simple "use the search button" reasoning.

Comment

To the forum veterans:

If you don't like the post, you can report the post to a moderator.

And if you can, give helpful advice as you were once new...

Matt.

Comment

I guess you could call me a noob...but before joining I've been reading for a year...I finally got up off my butt and clicked "Register". Within the year, I had learned to use the "search" button. You guys have to understand there's always going to be more "noobs" on this website than on most other drifting-related websites like club4ag or zilvia.net because naturally, this title is "drifting.com". Any person that knows nothing wanting to find information about drifting could just randomly go to google and type up drifting and voila, DRIFTING.COM is number one on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Rare
                            srry for being a newb =[
                            just post 32 times and you'll be in the clear

Comment

I guess the main issue on hand is what to do about it? I was also one of those who roamed the forum on and off for over half a year before joining. After registering and beginning my vast wealth of posts, lol, I'm sure I brought up some stupid questions and maybe some stupid answers. Still, I always first used the search button or at least went a few pages back to see if anything similar had come up recently. Then again, I'm a little older than many new people here. Being 25 has its inherent maturity and understanding. Now, when registering, wasn't there something about people being at least a certain age, 18 or something? I might almost enforce that rule to some forum sections. For those younger, some sections would be open, but to post on the main sections, you'd have to be a certain age or have a certain number of posts or something representing maturity or that you have been here for some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X