drifting/racing on the street and legal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting/racing on the street and legal stuff

im intrested in the laws and the experiences anyone has had getting caught either drifting and/or drag racing on the streets of california, or anywhere in the world actually

also what can happen if you get pulled over and somehow they find that your car is running an illegal engine (at least in calofornia) such as the sr20det

here in Canada we get pulled over for over sized exhaust 3", but we can run any engines we want and as for getting caught draging /drifting. ONly on the rare occasion, if you got you head up your @ss

So all good here, ya!

Comment

If you get caught, you're screwed. Instant death for SR20 swap.

Comment

Ummmm I dont like to promote illegal activitys.

Comment

Hmm well alot of what your asking depends on the officer that pulls you over. Do they know what drifting is? Most know what a drag race looks like but to them drifting just looks like wreckless operation, or a similair charge. If ya see what im getting at. This is coming from a former cop, if ya didnt know. But if you really want to know what you can get charged for, and what you can get away with i suggest you go to your local police station and ask them. City hall or the local PD would have the statutes governing traffic violations.

As far as the illegal engine goes? Oh yeah... instant death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
            Ummmm I dont like to promote illegal activitys.
            althought that's very PC, it sounds really lame.

no offense, but we've gotta find a better way to say that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by vervius
              althought that's very PC, it sounds really lame.

no offense, but we've gotta find a better way to say that sort of thing.
              how about:
              "conducting in activities that are outside the bounds of the law"

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                how about:
                "conducting in activities that are outside the bounds of the law"
                now that i like!!!

rock on man!

Comment

the reason i ask is because my friend told me about a spot near where to he works that has huge wide lanes, and very very good clean surface, well, i went to go check it out and it looked really good to practice on, nothing was there, all warehouses, this was on a monday morning at around 1-2am, well im driving by just checking it out, and i start hearing screeching, so i keep driving and what do you know, i run into 4 cars, all lined up side by side, and they take off, must have been a good 1/2 mile stretch, i stay behind them but dont try and race them or anything, so i keep going, till the end, then theres like 10-15 cars on the finish line, all fixed up imports, civics, 240s, crxs, supras, etc.. anyhow i took off, didnt stay to watch or anything but i was just wondering about this whole issue of getting caught doing drifting and/or drag racing

Comment

Haven't gotten cought yet (thank GOD). But they are pretty leaniant here in PA about engine swaps (I think, don't quote me on that), hell i think if any of the cops\pigs around here pull you over and want to look under the hood it's usualy because they know what they are looking for and since none of the pigs around here do that then we don't really have a problem.

P.S. i have yet to acutaly race anyone around here, Street or Drift. I mostly just practice my lines with friends following.
                    Last edited by DoriFuta-; 09-21-2004, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I can't tell you how the cops in NH will respond because they aren't out at night in the country side. In the cities it is different, but you have to be pretty dumb to be doing anything in the city.

Comment

the cops in nh are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored*. i got a scanner from a "friend" and they don't do *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. like the last post said the counrty roads are usually care free, but there are some hot spots. I thinks it's suicide to drift in the city if you don't know where the cops are. But any industreal parkinglots are sweet, because they only check if there is a complaint.

Comment

hehehe

i got caught a few times running my s13 in the mojave desert i was on probation for a long time.

Comment

pretty much in perth australia if u get caught racing u get your car confiscated for 48 hours, next offence is 3 days, and then its confiscated for good. this law was introduced 2 weeks ago
                            if your caught drifting i think its reckless driving, and if u own a Holden Commodore well they will pick on you. and most likely if you have engine mods you we get a yellow sticker

Comment

cops in cali will screw you in the yinyang. if get caught drifting, they charge you with reckless driving AND they impound your vehicle depending how nice the officer is. look what happen to ken gush??? he cant get a license till 21 (poor guy) he was simply drifting witout a license... as for engine, they just have you smog it at THEIR REF. and you have have to change it back or pay a 800 dollar fine and must pass smog buy a certain date. lot of red tape man....

Comment

Working...
                              X