Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV drifting!

Woohoo!

Since my sweet 7 is sleeping for the winter I cant FR drift anymore untile next april. But I found the solution to my problem. ATV drifting. My wifes Father has this amazing 450 Bombadier 4x4 ATV that I can put on RWD only or 4WD. On the street (because he lives up north with no one around) where the snow is all flat and hard, I can drift for as long as I want. He's got a cool road with lots of S curves. My longest drift was approximatly 500 feet long in 3 curves non-stop!(I almost went in the ditch on that one). It took me about 30-45 minutes to adjust myself to the ATV and how it slides. In my first 10 minutes I did 4 spinouts (180's). It's hard at first on RWD not to spinout but a lot easier to drift for a long time, and on 4WD it's easy drifting but you cant really stay sideways for a long time unless you really go full throttle but then the front wheels lose their grip. But when you get used to it, you can really control every move, just like a car, only, it's a lot more slipery and you have to be a lot more gentle with the throttle.
    Now I wish I'd be there right now instead of at work....

Well, at least I know what I'll be doing for most of my weekends.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Spec.

sounds hella fun man.

go-kart drifting is pretty fun too, but most of them dont have the power to pull through.

anyone in vancity heard of TBC racing?? the karts there go 60kph indoors, quite fun.

Comment

me and a few of my buddys do the drift thing with the wheelers in the winter. Try playing follow the leader ,, we all drive 400 foremen es awd four wheelers, take off from one side of the field and smoke just about full out and then turn, weight transfer and we can drift around the open part all the way around, usually about 3 cirlces 125ft across. imagine doing 35-40 mph in a circle and being able to face your friends as the do the same totaly sideways. what a trip.
      practice makes perfect

Comment

he he he aeMD.. i've never gone to tbc, but have heard of it...but yeh, iv'e always wondered about go kart drifting...

Comment

Working...
        X