To Rhys Millen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Rhys Millen

Rhys, if you are on these boards, this is for you, others feel free to add and/or comment

Dear Mr. Millen,

i would like to start off by saying you are one of the bravest men i ever knew. You took a completely American car (in the sense of the badge) and went against top Japanese drivers and in front of a crowd of 10,000 people that wanted to see japanese cars, and you got booed. I say sorry, because in the beginning i booed you too, thinking you were not JDm enough or some crap like that. in the first brake of the D1 my dad went over to talk to you while i was somewhere else, i saw you talking to him, and you had a huge smile on your face saying: "i love to do this, and im not doing it for the money", that changed my view right there. From that moment on i cheered for you.

You turned a boat into a ballerina, you took a tank and made it skate across the ice, you are an incredible man for doing so. I have been kind of watching you as you progress, and i must say, i'm very proud of you (i know big thing, pride from an 18 year old). You not only broke the mold of American drifting cars in a proffesional series, you also shattered stereotypes.

so in conclusion, id like to say, thank you for coming in and changing everyones perspective of what drifting is and what it should be.

drift on,

Yair Harel

i can't believe you boo'd him....go jump off a ciff you freakin no0b parasite....

jus kidding...lol

werd to that man, Rhys got mad skills...i never booed him though, cause he started with the EVO which rocked the house and then i watched him bust out with the JASPER supra dupra and now the mighty GTO....he hooked me with his driving rather than what car he had.

Rhys....you roxors my soxors

Comment

RHYS is the man. Ive been saying that for a while, even before he won. Personally i hate it when people start discriminating against USDM cars. A car is a car, its the driver what makes it drive. So if RHYS is reading this, please send me an autograph and a t-shirt.

Comment

If you are reading this...please send your car down to Hawaii so I can battle you O_o haha...never was able to battle a pro before

Nemesis - that sig is bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*!

Comment

When Rhys entered the "professional" drifting world back in 2003 he was already a fantastic drifter (he's always been a great DRIVER). Even with this, every event he got better and better and his car got dialed in more and more. I think we can all agree that he changed a lot of people's minds about USDM cars. Not only is he a great driver but a nice guy as well. Congrats Rhys and everyone at Team RMR (Scott, Eric, Blair, and everyone else). It was great talking to you guys at events. I wish you luck in future. Take care!

Kevin

Comment

rhys is the goddamn man! though i still would like every now and then to see the evo back out there. holding a four wheel drift is amazing! off topic...who the hell was drifting the golf carts? thats halirious!

Comment

i think rhys is too good for drifting. in my perspective that is. even though they booed him, i think hes one of the best pro racers we have representing the usa. even the japanese didnt like him and thought it was a joke. he shouldve just came out with his evo 7 and shut them the hell up~! or school em on pikes peak(holds the record) RHYS is a good and fast driver. and hes very nice. GO RHYS MILLEN~!

Comment

He's not too good for drifting. I have to disagree with you there. The man is a professional drifter none the less. He's got stunt driving, test driving, rally racing, mountain bike racing, and other forms of racing where terrain and sliding matter alot.

Rhys is a great guy, he took the time to shake my hand in Houston. He's down to earth for all the fame the guy has had. But I do think he's overrated, I think there are several drivers on the FD roster that given the right car could beat him technically rather than by driving super aggressively. But he is a great guy none the less.

I was a big fan of his ever since he hit the American shore and won Pike's peak with a RWD supra that was featured in Super Street way back in the day. Since then, he's kicked alot of butt in Rally Racing and in Pike's Peak. When he hit drifting, I was udderly amazed and ready to watch. But when I went to Formula D at Irwindale, my opinion changed because of his tactics used on the field. Legal or not, his tactics were overly agressive in my opinion.

Matt.

Comment

Yup Rhys is a great driver. I've never met him, but from watching that Rides episode he seems like a cool guy. Although I dont always agree with his competition style, I definately agree that he has mad skills. Thanks for showing everyone that watched Formula D that domestics can drift too. *thumbs up* If you ever come to Hawaii watch out for the green camaro that always spins out and blocks up the track. .

Comment

aggressive driving owns dude...lol...he's like a touge driver....

"pressure'em biABIA!"

Comment

I'm more a fan of the car. It's sounds incredible, can snap itself sideways quicker than any drift car I've ever seen, and makes alota smoke.

As far as Rhys goes, I'm not a huge fan of him as a driver. He and his family have always raced imports and never domestics, and with Rhys being an import tuner, I sometimes question his newfound loyalty to V8 iron. Everything I've read says that Rhys went to GM, not the other way around, but sometimes I still wonder. As far as his tactics, I totally disagree with bumping. There's no place for rough driving in professional motorsports.

But when it comes down to it, I'm gonna cheer Rhys like mad. Why? Because I wanna see a V8 take down those Rb's and Sr's right infront of all those FnF watching ricers, and shut 'em up.

Comment

I was NOT a fan of Rhys when he essentially competed w/ the Mitsubishi EVO. He would constantly just smoke the hell out of the tires he was using, creating a disgusting large amount of smoke that filled the field (literally to the point where driving was dangerous due to lack of visibility). That, and I didn't like the handling of the EVO out there.

I am a fan of Rhys now...because he is out there competing in the GTO. Very unique. This is what impresses me more than anything else.

I've never booed him. But I love seeing him compete in the GTO showing what can be done in a "non-typical" car.

Do I think he is the best? I don't know...that remains to be seen. He certainly is slowly working out the kinks out of the GTO.

I'm glad to see some different cars out there, besides the S13s and S14s.

I want to see more FCs.

Comment

he does have driving skills. what i love about him the most is that he is a quick learner. have guys seen his progress in just one year. i can't wait for the us vs. japn d1.

you know the japanese pros are gonna come full force right!! there reputation is on the line.

Comment

We defeated Japan in the past. And we'll do it again. But we'll leave Germany alone though, we already beaten them twice.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments (good and bad) I wanted to let you know that Rhys is out of town and will be back later this week and I'm sure he will respond to you then.

NismoSigma or anyone- email me your name and address and I will have him sign and send you out a "hero card" (sorry... thats what they are called)

Comment

Working...
                              X