Help a Newbie Choose gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Newbie Choose gear?

Well I have a '89 honda accord that I wanna make into a drift car maily becuase I drifted in my friends supra and it was awsome. Now I need soem help on choosing a set up after I get teh Suspension done I plan on either modding a b20z and doing a swap or getign a turbo kit from a friend.

No, dont waste your time trying to make it a drfit car. You could make it a grip racer for JdM DoWnHiLl battles, but, i dont know.

Comment

save your money and buy a rwd car, you won't hate yourself in the future.

Comment

I never herd of a grip racer are you refering to mountin racing?

Comment

fwd=not made for drifting

Comment

BLow up the accord and collect the insurance money

Comment

Originally posted by EvilPenciler
              I never herd of a grip racer are you refering to mountin racing?
              grip racer...nascar series...f1 and cart...stuff like that...gripping doesnt neccesarily mean touge

Comment

!

well yea ur a newb since a supra is fr, and an accord is ff

blah cagon de mierda no sabe nada y wue puta cara singado limpar tu trasero con un cerucho

Comment

can you say....Mugen...sticky grippy style

Comment

Re: Help a Newbie Choose gear?

Originally posted by EvilPenciler
                    Well I have a '89 honda accord that I wanna make into a drift car maily becuase I drifted in my friends supra and it was awsome. Now I need soem help on choosing a set up after I get teh Suspension done I plan on either modding a b20z and doing a swap or getign a turbo kit from a friend.
                    Don't waste your money on drifting a FF car. I would rather see your accond doing GRIP racing. AND don't do a TOUGE run if your not experienced! geez!

Comment

You can drift a FWD but it takes a whole lot of skill to make it look good and you won't like it. My advice is the same as Chas. Put some nice suspension on it, some fatty wheels and sticky tires and go gripping. Go to the mountains. You might find that you like grip more than drift. You can do more on the street with grip, there are events ALL over the place for grip. It's more real world friendly. I grip all the time.
                      Drifting is too new a sport at the moment. There are no events really to support the growth. But Drift is a WHOLE lot of fun. Can't deny that.

So my advice is to grip until you can get a RWD car. Then make the leap over to Drift.

Comment

More people should learn to grip and understand there car and driving before they try to drift.

Comment

ok well I'm gonan take everyones advice and try grip racing with the accord Thanks All .

Comment

LOL, 180 on the bricks, I speak spanish. O and penciler. If you know what youre doing and money is not an object. Put a s2000 or honda suv drivetrain under it. Put a fuel cell in the trunk. I have thought about converting some ffs to fr cuz I thought they would look sweet drifting. Lotta work though....AND MONEY. Youre prob not gunna do that though. So practice every minute of every day and prove us all wrong with your ff skills or ditch it and get a fr.

Comment

Chas is right, learn to drive fast before wasting time sliding...ahha

Comment

Working...
                              X