koguchi's 180sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koguchi's 180sx

did koguchi perform a newer version sr20det conversion? the reaso being, he has a trust t517z turbine installed on it. the T517Z says that is is meant for the s14, and we all know koguchi has a s13. so theres my question! post any pictures you want to!

way to double post

Comment

he doesn't have an s13, he has a 180sx, they like made them up till the mid to late 90's in japan if i remember correctly

Comment

Koguchi drives a S15 silvia now in japan.. Down here the Falken 180sx magazines say its a ca18det but doesn't look like one.. its a sr20det. S14 and S15 turbos are upgradeable on the s13 sr20

Comment

not to be rude or anything but the 180sx is still the s13 chassis. pleas correct me if i am wrong

Comment

Re: koguchi's 180sx

Originally posted by silviafreak
            did koguchi perform a newer version sr20det conversion? the reaso being, he has a trust t517z turbine installed on it. the T517Z says that is is meant for the s14, and we all know koguchi has a s13. so theres my question! post any pictures you want to!
            If both engines are 2.0L with the same bore and stroke, the same materials, and the sameblock, etc... how does a T517 fit only on S14 SR20DET? and it doesn't just "fit" anywyas, iirc you need a new manifold. Maybe not. Either way, plenty of people have T517s on S13 SR's.

Comment

i thought that turbine was able to bolt onto a stock manifold.

i'm probably just retarded though.

it's a bottom mount, i know that!

Comment

yea the falken 180 has a sr20det. what magazine said it had a ca18det?

Comment

it was men's fitness magazine. those guys must work-out!

Comment

what! mens fitnesss magazine? lmao

Comment

the magazine where they have the reallly swole guys that eat more steriods than they do real meals. they have to have everything big so they can compensate for something small

Comment

all i know is taht thing takes for ever to spool

Comment

it does??

i didn't think so.

it is quite popular.
                          i don't think a long spool up turbine would be popular...

Comment

Originally posted by silviafreak
                            not to be rude or anything but the 180sx is still the s13 chassis. pleas correct me if i am wrong
                            in japan its the rps13 in america it jus kept the s13 chassis code for both the coupe and fastback...in japan the coupe is s13 and the fastback(180sx) is rps13

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                              in japan its the rps13 in america it jus kept the s13 chassis code for both the coupe and fastback...in japan the coupe is s13 and the fastback(180sx) is rps13
                              The letter "R" designates fastback model. No "R" means coupe. "P" designtates SR20DE(T).

SO a CA18DET 180sx was an RS13.
                              An SR20DE Type G 180sx was RPS13
                              An SR20DET Type R (or type X) 180sx was RPS13
                              An SR20DET Silvia K's was PS13. etc....

here in america, we have the "R" as well, but the engine code letters wer different. "H" For KA24E and "M" for KA24DE. RMS13 is a 91-93 240sx fastback. HS13 was 89-90 240sx coupe.

Comment

Working...
                              X