Lotus Esprit vs. Honda NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus Esprit vs. Honda NSX

two MR layout. Total different compainies that share the passion of building a super car. Totaly different ways of building one.

The Esprit is a straight up track car that requires a lot of skill to push it to its limits. This car responds like a crazy muda fuka and handles like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* . its just a sweet car that only a few can appreciate because it lacks todays technology gizmos.
    *not* it does oversteer a lot.. what do you expect from a MR!

The NSX is a luxury exotic that I think is to easy to drive and doesnt require much from the driver to operate it. Sorta lacks a sole you know because the car is doing most of the work instead of the driver should. Ok this car doesnt oversteer much because of all that fancy sensors but it does oversteer a bit but not that bad like *cought cough* MR2.. hehe my fav car anyways..hehe

So what do you guys think..drifting in a NSX or Esprit.

NSX
    Attached Files

Comment

Esprit
      Attached Files

Comment

I like the Esprit better..sorry honda.. its just better

Comment

just thought it was funny how ur the onyl one that responds to ur thread... sry

anyway, i think u forgot to mention that both cars are about the same price used. my personal preference is the NSX cuz im no fan of british made cars. but one thing that bothers me is that the NSX came with an auto, making it a "ur grandma can drive this too" car.

Comment

I don't know..In the drift tengoku magazine the one that had the 180sx in the front there is a picture in it of a black NSX drifting,yeah it may be the same price used but is there really an aftermarket for the lotus?Not that i know of ,maybe someone does but honda has a load of aftermarket following,yes for the nsx it may be expensive but if you're rich enough to drift it you're rich enough to spend money on it.Either way why would u drift either of the two?Might as well use it for a daily driver and drift something cheaper..my 2 cents

Comment

I'd take NSX but just because i drifted one before. People trust me with their cars. My friend said that lift-off drifting is very easy with these because you just lift-off and wait. then stab the throttle every second or two. I loved the layout and the easiness to drive, and I'd say it makes a fine drift car.

Comment

nsx.....you guy seen espirit nsx on touge max....mannnnn

Comment

ahh man id love to drift a nsx. u can get em pretty cheap these days. they are long though, so id be nervous to touge it, hang out the rear to far and bam your clipin the mt. the length is helpful for tandem, to keep the follower from passing you, just keep doin choku doris(spell check?)

Comment

F3DS Pilot.. have you seen the Esprit on the touge? Sure the car are in the same price range and Yes there is a lot of aftermarket parts for the Esprit. You must state why you like the car you choose.

I take the esprit bc of its good handling and power over the nsx handling and weaker engine. Twin turbo's .. come on!

Ok .. so what if a lotus is basicly a fiber glass body on a chassis wilth a small v8. does it matter. I mean just about all lotuses are like that including the Elise...

Anyways I am dissapointed in the US Elise.. I will never considered the US Elise a true Elise.

1. No K series engine.
                    2. Celica engine..come on..
                    3. CD dash, radio.. the real Elise had none of that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in there.
                    4. We are not getting the Exige.. so why bother.

Comment

wow mr2, all i have to say to you is wow

Comment

The Lotus has a decent size aftermarket, there use to be a shop behind us that did exotic cars, they modified a few Espirts.

I like the NSX because it feels small when you drive it, the NSX is a great car, but I like the Lotus better. from a driving perspective the lotus feels longer and wider, but driving one around you quickly notice it handels surprisingly well, this makes sence because so many other makes choose Lotus to fine tune their suspensions and chasis, GM, Nissan, and Toyota, just to name a few.
                        The big difference in driving the two cars in the engine, the NSX's motor is a smooth, fast reving, yet fairly quite for a car of its nature. On the other hand the Espirt's twin turboed V8 rumbles the cockpit, and will always put a smile on that lovely ladies face sitting next to you who is about to make you a very lucky man, especialy when you pull away from that NSX on the freeway.
                        which brings me to my final factor, women, its always a determining factor for a guy when buying or in my case just driving a car. Both cars will get you looks from the ladies, but the Lotus brings that exotic flavor, that most women do not encounter very often. And besides James Bond, never drove an NSX.
                        Last edited by Hollywood; 09-24-2004, 02:49 PM.

Comment

You also should've mentioned that the superior track-oriented chassis of the Espirit is roughly FIFTEEN YEARS OLDER than the NSX chassis.

After all, the first four-banger versions of the Espirit popped up in 1974.

The first turbo came along in 1980.

The Espirit has been raising eyebrows and turning heads since Colin Chapman first sat down with Messr. Giugaro to create a worthy adversary to his biggest F1 rival's midline exotic - the Ferrari 308. The Espirit continued fighting the MR fight through the 308GTB, the 328GTB, the 348tB, and then was revitalized to combat the F355 and 360 Modena with the creation of the twin-turbo 3.5L V8.

It wasn't until Renault decided they no longer wanted to build the specialized 5spd gearbox for the Espirit that Lotus decided they could no longer build the car as is. A new generation of Espirit is on deck for '06-'07.

And hell yes I'd choose the Espirit in any of its incarnations over the NSX. NSX = mid-engined Accord in my book.

Comment

The Espirit would probably win on the straights, with the NSX right on it's heels. Though it's a good handler, I dare say that the NSX would win on a touge due to it's advanced chassis design.

Imho I don't like the idea of a Toyota-powered Lotus. Historically (with a few exceptions) Lotus racecars have generally had Ford powerplants. I'd rather see a British or American engine in it than a Japanese one. When you combine British engineering with an American powerplant, the results are usually stunning.

In terms of beauty and presence, the Lotus wins hands down, especially the Sport 350 model. If sounds or drives anything like the one in GT3, then it's one heck of a ride. Ahh, the sweet memories of drifiting my 1089 hp Lotus around Trial Mountain.......
                            Attached Files

Comment

"Sorta lacks a sole" i am a mender of bad soles.
                              (so stupid...nevermind) the nsx does not have a weak engine. but i would defitely have to take the lotus. the nsx may be cool but its a bit nerdy. (watch topgear) but then again i like my car which has essentially nothing but a engine and seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X