Silvia S14- 94'-98' (K's)
      Silvia S15- 99'-02' (spec -r,spec-v) * 6 speed

K's= kings
      Q's=queens had SR20DE's only approximate of 160hp
      J's =Jacks i think had CA18DE not so sure

there..

(correct me if i'm wrong)

Comment

around 160hp but then...why is it illegal ?

Comment

Its illegal cause of emmissions,it doesn't pass smog..It could possibly be done up or down to pass but i don't know for sure.Read up dude,don't expect people to hand feed you the info,if you're really interested in something a little effort on your own part is needed, just fyi of course..then again even though its illegal doesn't mean people don't do it..its only illegal if you get caught!

Comment

Originally posted by faz
            Its illegal cause of emmissions,it doesn't pass smog..It could possibly be done up or down to pass but i don't know for sure.Read up dude,don't expect people to hand feed you the info,if you're really interested in something a little effort on your own part is needed, just fyi of course..then again even though its illegal doesn't mean people don't do it..its only illegal if you get caught!
            thats like 10% why its illegal. sr20dets were never manufactured or sold in the states. its the same reason why you cant have most of the jdm cars. the gov doesnt kno about the car/engine and so they dont have any data on them like emissions etc etc etc.

ahahah faz i hope you take your own advice and keep taking it shouldnt be responding like that when you yourself is new to the forum but its ok man as long as you can drift

Comment

yeah i suppose so,but i may be new to this forum but doesn't mean that i'm new to drifting..not to say much though..a newbie is still a newbie..so i shall watch what i write..thank you for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                thats like 10% why its illegal. sr20dets were never manufactured or sold in the states. its the same reason why you cant have most of the jdm cars. the gov doesnt kno about the car/engine and so they dont have any data on them like emissions etc etc etc.

ahahah faz i hope you take your own advice and keep taking it shouldnt be responding like that when you yourself is new to the forum but its ok man as long as you can drift
                it may be 10% but its gonna be one the main reasons someone might notice its illegal if your getting an inspection. most peopel who know the laws couldnt tell a SR from a LS1. but failing emissions is a quick way to get caught.

also why are you flaming this guy? does your almost 400 post count on DRIFTING.COM mean you are special or something? posting on the internet, especially here of all places doesnt make you special. quit ethuggin on the n00bs.

Comment

Faz, you're wrong about the Bluebird-mounted (U13 chassis I suppose) SR20. It used a 4x4 drivetrain. I wouldn't reccomend this engine, as it has a smaller top mount intercooler compared to the RNN14. And by the way - the GTiR's also a 4x4, but the SR20 compared to the others is slightly different. Sure, it has the same S13 redtop block, has the same turbo & stuff, but it differs mainly in beefier connecting rods, stronger main cap bolts, and - yeah baby! - individual throttle body system, which provides better response and more power. You won;t find much of those engines tough, because the GTiR's production was quite limited - not many over 5000.

I would say that the best SR20 to swap in would be the S14's powerplant, complete with the 5 speed gearbox. This one has variable valve timing, resulting in better smog test results, the geabox is said to be the most reliable from all the SR 'boxes, and is affordable, considering the fact that the blacktop is waaaay less expensive than the S15 motor.

Comment

yeah but the sr20det isn't illegal in all states right. or at least i think. My cousin in New York just baught one off ebay and it passed inspection. We checked the vin and everything. Please respond.

Comment

Yay! No one flamed the poor kid for the pretty nub question!!

In response to the 2nd question, its not legal because the US requires that all engines be checked for smog legal levels in US, but the car had to have been sold in the US with that engine. The shell might be sold here as a 240 but it has a KA which is tested. Bassically the US doesnt want cars it doesnt want. :\

Comment

so i think i get this. The car had to have been sold in the us at one time for the engine to me legal right? But that still don't make sence to me. What about front clips from japan, and i thought sure the sr20det was never sold in the us only the sr20de. I don't know alot about these angines as you can probably guess i'm more of a 4age guy. help

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                          it may be 10% but its gonna be one the main reasons someone might notice its illegal if your getting an inspection. most peopel who know the laws couldnt tell a SR from a LS1. but failing emissions is a quick way to get caught.

also why are you flaming this guy? does your almost 400 post count on DRIFTING.COM mean you are special or something? posting on the internet, especially here of all places doesnt make you special. quit ethuggin on the n00bs.
                          huh i didnt flame him, i just said thats not all of why its illegal. i never said my 400 posts matter at all. i have no idea what your talking about but thanks for calling me out i appreciate it.

have a great day
                          p.s. ethuggun WOW ahhaha thats corny my friend sorry but that sh!ts wack, and why dont you stop flaming drifitng.com if you dont like it here leave

Comment

man..why do ppl gotta hate? isnt this a forum to help out peeps, not to dis? no need for ur remarks.

Comment

You may have just come to this forum, but I say the same to everyone, this is how it goes and this is how it'll be chickdrifter. Face it, everyone sucks, Including me.

Comment

Working...
                              X