New Ross Petty Footage Rd 4 Irwindale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ross Petty Footage Rd 4 Irwindale

Here is some exclusive footage of Ross doing his qualifying run at Formula D Irwindale. Be sure to keep checking back for updates on driver, team, interviews, photos, and videos.

Battle Garage link
    Last edited by swifty949; 09-28-2004, 11:09 AM.

ahh man ross is getting good. god damn i miss my 3rd gen. when the advans and body kit got here in oct it would of been completed

damn i miss the rotary i am seriously considering an fc t2 as well as a onevia tryign to decide still

keep it up ross i hope i get to meet you one day. how do you become affiliated with the grip team? i wanna bee in a movie ill drive all the way to alaska if i have to. grip people get at me

Comment

Oh just an FYI... Ross often drifts one handed.

Comment

Finally I see some footage of Ross drifting in that RP FD

Comment

one handed huh, what are you implying ? ahah nah just kidding ross seems cool, hopefully ill get to meet him one day and see the car up close and personal. i was talking to chuck huang(rotary extreme) about it a few times and he said the car is built alot like my old fd_rip. i hope this doenst bring alot more fd buyers into the fd community, because that just means more f!ked up 3rd gen rx7s

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
            one handed huh, what are you implying ? ahah nah just kidding ross seems cool, hopefully ill get to meet him one day and see the car up close and personal. i was talking to chuck huang(rotary extreme) about it a few times and he said the car is built alot like my old fd_rip. i hope this doenst bring alot more fd buyers into the fd community, because that just means more f!ked up 3rd gen rx7s
            haha no worries, right now FD's are hard to find. When you find em, the avg price is $10k. Not many newbie drifters are going to put that much into a stock car.

Comment

ahahah i did, got the fd 3 years before my license, bought it with my christmas money. 500 bucks for a rolling chassis. built it up for 3 years and got it all done up finally, i was actually getting a body kit and rims recently, but fire took the car from me, damn you fire damn you to hell. hopefully ill be able to get another one, but for now its all about 240s. dont mean to be joining the "bandwagon" but i need something i can build up on and ive driven in a few sr20 240s and it was true luv, plus theyve got mafs so you can actually raise the boost, lets give boost a cheer you guys. starting dec, coming to a forum near you. rated pg-13, some naked car panels and other suggestive thems will be shown, no one under 13 permitted wihtout a parent

but ya again i give props to ross, maybe i can show him how to do it right one of these days if you guys need a driver shout me a holla ahahha peace. p.s. you got any specs im intrested in what its got get back at me peaceee

Comment

about the grip video thing, send them an email. Before they were doing a search for video features, they were asking for footage of drifting skills. their email is gripvideo@gripvideo.com

as for parts...i know it's pretty much a stock motor. It's putting out almost 300hp. Nothing really trick, just careful tuning, and careful attention to cooling. Turbo i believe is a t6. It's running off a Haltech computer. Kei Office coil overs, tanabe sway, strut bars. Kaaz LSD, Veilside kit, guages, and exhaust. Everything is bolt on. Reliability was the key factor in building this car. Which it has been. Everyone knocks the reliability of the rx7's...but i've seen a lot more of the 240sx breaking parts this season. The only issue we've had was losing a gear, but why you need reverse anyway???
                Last edited by swifty949; 09-27-2004, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871

damn i miss the rotary i am seriously considering an fc t2 as well as a onevia tryign to decide still

You mean you want a stock 240 coupe, unless you live in japan or aussie land or wherever the hell they sell silvias

Anyway, leave the FC alone, bitches......its a horrible car,so slow, can't handle for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, the rotary is a POS that can't handle more than 7 psi of boost and it always breaks down ......Instead, buy my '91 240 hatch(its not a coupe but BUY IT *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* )..............(so i can go buy a t2 )

Comment

Lookn Good!! I'm still trippn that Ross was able to transition from his 240 to that FD that fast and still kick it out that nice. Good stuff Ross!! I heard that someone is addicted to rotaries now ..... hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949

as for parts...i know it's pretty much a stock motor. It's putting out almost 300hp. Nothing really trick, just careful tuning, and careful attention to cooling. Turbo i believe is a t6.
                      I believe the turbo is a GT35R. There is no such thing as a T6, unless you mean a T60-1 or 60-2. I was told they are using a .82 A/R turbine housing which is only offered with the new Garrett GT style turbo's (T4's came with .81 A/R collected and .84 A/R divided turbine housings)... that is, if anyone was curious about the turbo... lol

Comment

The Garett has yet to go onto the car. I know it's a small turbo though. I'm terrible with turbo sizing.

Comment

Working...
                        X