No announcement yet.

anybody know what BOV Drift King uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody know what BOV Drift King uses?

i'm talkin bout the one on the white S14 in the Drift Bible. i love the sound of it & wanna get the same one for my car.

thanks

best i can find is:

"Boost up: Daze"

said in the video.

Comment

maybe its his companies? Do they make BOVs?

Comment

maybe he uses one that works well with his turbo setup

Comment

anybody know the brand? that thing sounds awesome! its different from most of the ones i hear...

Comment

Someone i think tried to say this before.. but keep in mind just becasue you have the same BOV does not mena youll have the same sound...

Different amounts of boost and the pressure the bov is set at and blah blah; can all create a much different sound.

If your going to get a BOV for sound alone- honestly you probably dont deserve a car. I hope you at least know what a bov does and why it does it...

His bov sounds like its opening a few times, this is probably because even though it dumped the pressure once, the pressure may have built up rapidly again needing to be released (repeat as needed)

Get a bov because of its function, not because of how it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts

If your going to get a BOV for sound alone- honestly you probably dont deserve a car. I hope you at least know what a bov does and why it does it...

watch the way u come off. i am well aware of what a BOV does & also the differences between a BOV & the bypass valves i already have.

His bov sounds like its opening a few times, this is probably because even though it dumped the pressure once, the pressure may have built up rapidly again needing to be released (repeat as needed)

thats the part i like. is it a setting to open multiple times that can be done on all BOV's? or is it something model specific?

Get a bov because of its function, not because of how it sounds.
              i will be buying it for function. for the most part, BOV's all acheive the same objective. the significant difference from model to model being mostly sound. and that is the part i was hoping this board would be friendly enough to help me out with. if not, then simply dont reply instead of replying rudely.

thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts

hmmm thats weird...sounds like a sequintial bov to me...

imo, it sounds friggin awesome....so what if i want a bov cause of how it sounds...bov's do one thing, let out pressure, how they do it is different...but they all have the same concept....sequential BOV's= teh ownage

sorry if i'm sounding like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but everybody been being a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to everyboy else....decided to jump teh bandwagon.....

jus answer his question...don't act like ur bad and put him down to make urself feel better about yourself.
                Last edited by Nemesis; 09-28-2004, 05:50 PM.

Comment

OMG! okay kids this is the basic on that "cool" noise you hear.

okay. it's a HKS SQBOV
                  I'm actually selling one: (no flanges and pipe though)
                  http://crashdrive.50megs.com/bov

To make that "Cool" noise, you have to route the released pressure back to the intake manifold. They do this to compensate the turbo lag on lower power band.

and that noise happens when you let go off the gas pedal.

That's why you hear it multiple times.
                  Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 09-28-2004, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                    hmmm thats weird...sounds like a sequintial bov to me...

imo, it sounds friggin awesome....

jus answer his question...don't act like ur bad and put him down to make urself feel better about yourself.
                    thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                      OMG! okay kids this is the basic on that "cool" noise you hear.

okay. it's a HKS SQBOV

To make that "Cool" noise, you have to route the released pressure back to the intake manifold. They do this to compensate the turbo lag on lower power band.

and that noise happens when you let go off the gas pedal.

That's why you hear it multiple times.
                      if its re-routed into the intake, doesn't that change it from an atmospheric BOV back to a Bypass Valve that i already have 2 of?

sounds too loud to be a recirculating valve...

Comment

haha...endee666 jus said "stfu and get out of my house nuhka's!"

teh pwned

alright, i'm sorry, it's 2am and i'm hyper....what else do u expect?

Comment

finally, i found an online vid clip that shows what i'm talkin about. its not that long, but its 2 parts. the 1st part is a dyno run for about 50 sec. ignore that. after that is the part that shows the sound i mean:

http://web.bitnet.net/liqqe/MADs%20N...0SX%20s14a.wmv

see if that helps.

Comment

That's sounds like a SSQBOV (super sequential bov) a step up from my bov.

also made by HKS.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                              That's sounds like a SSQBOV (super sequential bov) a step up from my bov.

also made by HKS.

But can the SSQBOV be routed back to the intake to make the same sound?
                              Doesn't look like it can be.....

Comment

Working...
                              X