Roll call for RS*R Drift fest in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll call for RS*R Drift fest in Chicago

Just wanted to see who made it there. It was a cool show and the drifting was slick (I don't really have much to base that opinion on except my own half assed attempts). All the drivers were nice. The guys from Bubbadrift were especialy cool. Their Hell Camino was sick. To bad that a fragged alternater kept them out of the finals. Did you know that they now have an LS1 with a supercharger in it!!

i was working bubba drift, the alternator kept bracking, as the alternaotr bracket was being used to tension the belt for the superchager. first time its happened. and it killed 2 that day, james ran to the storee to get another one after the second broke but he got back 5 minutes after pro qualifying was over sadly.

Comment

I was out there, all the way from cleveland. I was pretty hard to miss being the only rotary engine out there. I had a blast at the event, tons of track time almost too much haha, by the competition i was close to being out of tires. Also for whatever reason my car decided to plow into corners all day until the competition runs which definatly threw me off. I dunno, i had a blast, and i feel i threw some good runs in and my best 2 were definatly the qualifying runs, which is where the car actually acted normal, there was definatly a lot of talent out there in the amerature class. It was also sweet to see all the fans, that was the biggest event i've ever been to, let alone run in.

Comment

Cool! The guys from Bubbadrift are my heros! I'm not kidding. You probbly saw me as I was the dude constantly hanging around the Camino asking for tips and slinging praise. I guess I wasn't the only one digging it as I heard tons of people asking, "were's the El Camino?" Hx-50, were you in the white-ish Fc?

Comment

i consider it more gold/primer ish it also has a maroon trim around the window's and hood thanks to the guy i bought it from starting to paint it and then deciding to sell it to me

Comment

Well the Canadians made it back over the border.
            I'm finally home in Kitchener and I'm sure Migs is back in Barrie about now..

I was that plain white s13 coupe with the broken stock exhaut ... yeah that junkie doing continuous laps on the practice circuit all day long!
            My 3rd drift practice so far and first ever competition... and this was the best thing I've done all year!

Thanks to RS-R, Drift Association & all the sponsors who made it happen!

Comment

The event was awsome... All the drives were very cool and their cars were sick. Alot more people showed up then I expected, which was good. RS*R had a great event set up. I can't wait to see if more events will come to the mid-west now.

Hey, HX-50... Your quilify runs did show alot of improvement. If you eliminate your body roll, your drifts would get alot better. But for a stock (looked like to me) FC you did a good job.

I will post pics on here later.....got to down size them first.

And a HUGE THANK YOU! to all the drives, RS*R , Club FR, and Moto San...
              Also a big shout out to Alex Pfeiffer for getting us out of the hotel that night. And thanks Bryan for the hosting the shin-dig.
              Last edited by suberi_RPS13; 09-27-2004, 07:16 PM.

Comment

yeah i know all about the body roll crap, it's completly stock na fc, well ok air filter, e-fan and turbo II swaybars that's it, oh did i forget to mention my open diff =( anyways thanks to all who showed up and i'll definatly be out for the next one if there is one

Comment

Club FR was rockin'. The Miata was killer. I was looking for Dave, but I guess he was doing some ground work. (Dave helped me get interested in drifting, so... uh thanks Dave!!)

Comment

i was there..
                    i had a blast

Comment

I was there...working the event...Test and tune day and actual event day...it was beautiful!!! turn out was as i expected, not hyooge...but the people that made it i'm sure loved it...actually hanging out with the PRO's and the coordinators was tooo phresh, i cannot tell you how awesome all of them are...unfortunately i wasnt able to get piss drunk at brians house, but its all good...CLUBFR represented hardcore...congrats to my buddy rob takin 1st in amateur comp.

josh
                      www.clubfr.net

Comment

I was there. Watching/pit/staff/RS*R both gaurd/ Regulating on the flag stealers. Woot had a great time got drunk with alex and Dai after words haha good time. Thanks naoki and moto for working so hard to get this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* here it should bust the scene wide open.

Comment

Howdy,
                          Very well run event, with beautiful weather

Derick was looking good once he got some practice in the el camino and we had high hopes of finishing towards the top. Too bad the alternators kept breaking off in the engine bay. I made some phone calls today, found out that others using the same pulley setup with supercharger have had the same problems. There is a special heavy duty alt. that i just ordered that will fix the problem - just wish i had know about it before hand, or had it break at practices at home instead of at the event.

Very cool crowd, and thanks everyone for coming over and saying hi to us

james
                          Bubba Drift

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans
                            Howdy,
                            Very well run event, with beautiful weather

Derick was looking good once he got some practice in the el camino and we had high hopes of finishing towards the top. Too bad the alternators kept breaking off in the engine bay. I made some phone calls today, found out that others using the same pulley setup with supercharger have had the same problems. There is a special heavy duty alt. that i just ordered that will fix the problem - just wish i had know about it before hand, or had it break at practices at home instead of at the event.

Very cool crowd, and thanks everyone for coming over and saying hi to us

james
                            Bubba Drift
                            you live and learn man. But hahaah 1000rpm drifts from the elcamino is insane haha that thing is cool.

Comment

i was there and me and my friend al got to talk to ken G for a few too. it was fun. kind of mad i had to leave early.

Comment

Working...
                              X