thinking about doing SR swap myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about doing SR swap myself

i have been thinking about trying to save some major money and do the sr20 swap myself,i was going to get the dvd that shows you how just as a helpful tool.who here has done an SR20det swap into their s13 and didnt have much trouble.please just explain that if you did have trouble,what was it.any info would be very helpful.

thanx

I helped a guy install a 13B turbo into a s13. Damn that was hard. Never done a SR20, sorry.

Comment

Hey, I live near you and I did my own SR swap. Come on www.projectaspec.com and/or www.xceedspeed.com
      Us local guys will be able to help you out. There are a few of us that have done these.

Comment

There is a SR20DET swap video here on these forums. From what I hear, it walks you through every bolt down to every fastener...

Try that out. Save you a thousand to two thousand for it...

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by doriboi86
          I helped a guy install a 13B turbo into a s13. Damn that was hard. Never done a SR20, sorry.

hahaha damn thats a bit different.....

Comment

I've done a bit of reading on SR20DET swaps and one of the most important things that comes up is an uncut wire harness. If yours is cut you'll have one helluva time trying to find a replacement.

Heavythrottle.com would be a good place to start for info on SR swaps. Doing the swap yourself will also save you a big wad of cash.

B-Wurm

Comment

Don't be an idiot and try and save money by piecing crap together... get a front clip. Best advise I can give... having done both. Mine went smooth as crap because I got a front clip. Some guy I did an install for got an engine from Milano auto, missing parts, missing this, missing that, ecu wiring was REALLY f-ed up and ended up paying more than I did.

Comment

i wasnt planning on buying all this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* seperate.just planned on buying the whole front clip.i am going to get the DVD that shows how,then i also have a guide that i downloaded that shows how to do it.

Comment

Dude, if you think you can do it, then just go for it. Nobody here would stop you. Who cares about a front clip, they cost like twice as more as the engine. And your just swapping in a SR20 which already fits perfectly in the 240. Trust me you'll save a lot of $$$.

Comment

Working...
                  X