Who here thinks drifting a FF with an E-Brake is considered drifring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here thinks drifting a FF with an E-Brake is considered drifring

I do not considered FF cars that drift with E-brake is considered drifting. I considered it as @ss draging and that is totally different from drifting.

Physics says FF can't drift because of FF of course.

ok, do u think that because all the "cool" guys say that? ff drifting is drifting, people practice and practice to get good at drifting with ff too, its not like you can just get in any ff car and just pull the ebrake and ull slide nice and perfectly, now watch this and shut up
    http://www.driftingforums.com/video...fting-Jun12.zip
    SO MANNY DAMN HATERS NOWADAYS

Comment

Re: Who here thinks drifting a FF with an E-Brake is considered drifring

Originally posted by mr2
      I do not considered FF cars that drift with E-brake is considered drifting. I considered it as @ss draging and that is totally different from drifting.

Physics says FF can't drift because of FF of course.
      does it really matter? Driver skill is more impt / noteworthy than the type of car he/she drives

Comment

It really comes down to how you define a drift. I definae a drift as a controlled state of oversteer. I dont care what wheels deliver power or how you initiate/maintain oversteer. As long as the car is oversteering and you are in control then I consider it drifting. One of the main disadvantages of the FF platform is that you cannot generate oversteer with throttle. Because of this it is very hard to maintain your speed through the exit of a turn (the rear wheels scrub off speed and cause a re-grip). But from what I've seen, this only affects FF drifters on dry level pavement. Put those guys on a mountain going downhill in the rain, and suddenly they dont lose speed, and suddenly they look and perform very very similar to FR's also drifting. I drift FR, but I've ridden with FF in those situations and he was drifting way better than I could on the mountain. Its all about the skills ....

Just because you haven't seen it dosnt mean its impossible. Remember that.

Comment

I dont consider it drifting either. For one: throttle control doesnt play a huge part in maintaining the drift and changing the angle, and secondly: having to unwind the countsteer quickly so the front wheels dont pull you is just flat out lame. However, I agree wholeheartedly with what Fierywind said.

And RTeam, I'm the collest muhfugga on the planet, everyone wants to be Weapon X, go to the San Diego Fuzion meets and ask around

Comment

......ok.....i will.......*sarcasm*

Comment

MR2 wrote: "I do not considered FF cars that drift with E-brake is considered drifting. I considered it as @ss draging and that is totally different from drifting."

I guess you're entitled to your opinion - though Jesus you've inflamed some of the other posters! - but I guess it really depends on your definition of drifting.

Here in little ol' Perth, Western Australia, drifting is generally considered to be the art (and it is an art!) of getting the tail end of a car to leave the line during a turn, and to then hold it out without spinning the car, etc., by using the drive wheels. This means that drifting can only be done in rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive cars.

I now own a '79 RX7, which I drift pretty much every weekend at various tracks and meets and so forth, but before that I was the not-so-proud owner of a '93 Pulsar SSS, which is of course front-wheel-drive. I used to get the tail out in that by yanking the e-brake (what we Australians call the handbrake), but then, with the drive wheels being at the front of the car, the car would be pulled forward, which encouraged the tail to come back in. In rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive cars, the drive wheels are at the rear of the car, and when you're drifting, if you give the car too much power, the end result is almost guaranteed that the car will spin, i.e. the tail is encouraged to go further outwards until countersteering ceases to have any effect.

I haven't really answered your question, but basically I've always thought of it like this: rear-wheel-drive cars "drift", all-wheel-drive cars "slide" and front-wheel-drive cars "grind".

But that's just my definition, I don't expect anyone to abide by that.

Comment

Scampy, you drift virtually every w/end??
                Not in the Perth W Aust I know...

FF drifting is not drifting according to the Japs( who invented the D1 thing).
                Remember that bonus points are awarded for smoke and holding a full counter line.
                Try that in a FWD.

Comment

Mr Hyperdrive man:

There's any number of places we can go now. There's the track down at Collie, Wanneroo has tuning days (not as many as they used to, but they still have some), plus there's the MC Motorsport thing out near the airport. Most weekends there's something going on where the organisers don't mind a bit of drifting, so long as you don't get carried away or hurt anyone or anything like that. If you don't believe me, give Zacka Chan at Cypher Industries a call, because nine times out of ten he's the guy who informs me what's going on and where.

Failing that, the uncle of a buddy of mine has a big property down near Pemberton with a decent sized skidpan out the back of it (he's easily the biggest car nut I've ever met) so we practice there.

There's only one Perth in WA my friend.

Comment

I know where the drifting is dude...
                    Do You??

Which cars won the Oran Park round of Drift Nats and the last G Speed day at Collie?
                    Who has run the only 2 training days in Perth?
                    Who used to be partners with the guy who owns MC...
                    Who did the lunchtime demo last w/end at the AFARCC Barbagallo track day?

Yes I know about drifting in Perth.
                    What I said was , not every w/end like your first post.

Comment

This is pleasant.

Ken, my friend, if you want to call me a liar just go ahead and do it. You won't be the first, I very much doubt you'll be the last, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, so go ahead and do it.

I'm buggered if I know who won the Oran Park round of Drift Nats, I wasn't there, it's all the way on the other side of the country and I don't follow the Drift Nats because I believe drifting isn't a be-all and end-all competitive style, like rallying or drag racing, but a means to an end in competitive driving. So any competition which focusses solely on drifting, to me, is as pointless as focussing on two or three bars of an entire Beethoven symphony. But that's just my call.

The AFARCC had a track day at Wanneroo? Good for them. I'm not a part of the AFARCC, never have been and have no intention of signing up. I imagine though that if any of the AFARCC members were out drifting around Barbagallo it would have been that JIMMAH guy in his Cefiro. I hear he's the AFARCC's own personal Dorikin, but again, don't know, not interested.

I know Steve Cherry owns MC Motorsport and John Clark manages it, but I wouldn't have a clue who Steve Cherry used to be partners with. The only long-term partnership in Perth that I'm aware of is John Major and Kim Ledger, but that's really only because I dealt more or less exclusively with Kim (and Terry) and LF Performance while my Series 1 was getting built up. If you're ever speaking to Kim, ask him if he remembers the short blonde guy with the green S1 RX7. Most of LF's work on my car was done between September and November of last year. I'd guarantee you he remembers me, because earlier this year I took him and Kerry Wade for a few laps around Barbagallo (without drifting) and then Kerry showed me how to drive the car properly.

Also, with the training days question, you'll have to be more specific because I've no idea what sort of training days you're talking about.

By the way, this sort of thing isn't overly relevant to the other drifting.com forum users, so if you think I'm a liar - and if you do, please, just go ahead and call me one - why not do so in a private message?

Comment

Originally posted by scampy
                        This is pleasant.

Ken, my friend, if you want to call me a liar just go ahead and do it. You won't be the first, I very much doubt you'll be the last, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, so go ahead and do it.

I'm buggered if I know who won the Oran Park round of Drift Nats, I wasn't there, it's all the way on the other side of the country and I don't follow the Drift Nats because I believe drifting isn't a be-all and end-all competitive style, like rallying or drag racing, but a means to an end in competitive driving. So any competition which focusses solely on drifting, to me, is as pointless as focussing on two or three bars of an entire Beethoven symphony. But that's just my call.

The AFARCC had a track day at Wanneroo? Good for them. I'm not a part of the AFARCC, never have been and have no intention of signing up. I imagine though that if any of the AFARCC members were out drifting around Barbagallo it would have been that JIMMAH guy in his Cefiro. I hear he's the AFARCC's own personal Dorikin, but again, don't know, not interested.

I know Steve Cherry owns MC Motorsport and John Clark manages it, but I wouldn't have a clue who Steve Cherry used to be partners with. The only long-term partnership in Perth that I'm aware of is John Major and Kim Ledger, but that's really only because I dealt more or less exclusively with Kim (and Terry) and LF Performance while my Series 1 was getting built up. If you're ever speaking to Kim, ask him if he remembers the short blonde guy with the green S1 RX7. Most of LF's work on my car was done between September and November of last year. I'd guarantee you he remembers me, because earlier this year I took him and Kerry Wade for a few laps around Barbagallo (without drifting) and then Kerry showed me how to drive the car properly.

Also, with the training days question, you'll have to be more specific because I've no idea what sort of training days you're talking about.

By the way, this sort of thing isn't overly relevant to the other drifting.com forum users, so if you think I'm a liar - and if you do, please, just go ahead and call me one - why not do so in a private message?
                        Sad, very , very sad.....

Comment

Mmm.

Well, you're new to the game in Perth, but I'll give you a quick tip. Pissing off performance motoring enthusiasts who might have otherwise gone to visit your company, bought some stuff, you know, put food on your table and that sort of thing...well, it's not good business practice, is it? Okay, fair enough, I'm only one person, hardly likely to make a dent in your profits - especially so since I haven't bought anything from you anyway - but Perth's small and word gets around.

What's sad is the thought you seem to have which says "Well, unless this guy knows a whole lot of esoteric facts about drifting in Australia and the Perth performance scene, he's a liar." I love my RX7, I love getting it sideways, and I don't care one way or the other what you think about me.

Now end this thread for Christ's sake and leave the other forum users alone.

Comment

get back to the TOPIC!!!
                            well anyway drifting is drifting in FF or FR if you use Ebrake you get the same result both car could get off balance and slide sideway(drift)...

Comment

Originally posted by racing2khaos
                              get back to the TOPIC!!!
                              well anyway drifting is drifting in FF or FR if you use Ebrake you get the same result both car could get off balance and slide sideway(drift)...
                              Absolutely, but some people won't let go

The trick is to keep the car sideways throughout the corner which is very difficult with a fwd car. Yes it can get sideways but the rear wheels dragging tends to pull the rear of the car back into line when on a flat track.

Cheers
                              Ken

btw scampy, you have pm

Comment

Working...
                              X