Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our RS*R event sob story

Howdy,
    We went to Chicago this weekend for an event (great event by the way guys - with some very good locals). 2nd run during morning practice, we broke an alternator (broke mounting point off). Ran to town, got another and got it fixed. Derrick looked great during the other practices. Comes time for the main event, and there are 9 of us (a few others broke, and this was a special event put on by RS*R - with many begginers but less of us in the 'pro' class). Top 8 get at least $1000, so things looked good for us - we expected to beat a few others that were there as well.
    Right before the competition, we broke another alternator - and couldn't get it fixed in time

Found out later - this is a known problem (that no one bothered to tell us) with the stock alternator and the supercharger system. There is a heavier duty alt that fixes the problem, and it is on the way.

Enjoyed being there guys! If anybody has any photos of us - i'd love to get them.

James
    www.BubbaDrift.com

I just got there before you guys broke for the 2nd time.

http://www.tsubasa.us/gallery

I think pics of you are on the last page 35 I think.

Comment

Yeah...that really sucked that you had so many problems with the motor that day. I really wanted to see more of the hell camino. Atleast now you know what it needs to prevent further problems. Good luck with it and hope to see you again.

Comment

ahh so that's what happened to you guys, i saw you pull onto the track and quickly leave i figured it was something major, but they kept us pretty busy in our own cars all day. Glad to hear that you figured out the problem, the hell camino definatly looked great out there espically that one lap where you completly covered the entire track with smoke. Hope to see you guys at more events in the future

Comment

Pisc are on their way as soon as we figure out my brothers Nikon.

Comment

Chicagos was great!!

Hi James,

I thought you guys did great in Chicago. The smoke was terrific, and Derrick makes a lot of it.

Too bad about your broken parts, but hopefully you have that taken care of now. I enjoyed talking to you guys, too, and learned a lot for how to get a car set up. I talked to one of the car guys here at work, and he mentioned the same basic things about suspension, etc.

I do have pictures, so after processing, I will send them to you.

Hope to see you guys again -

Comment

The support we've recieved from many of you is amazing.

Any photos of us are appreciated.

Hopefully in the next couple of months we can get some sponsorship money to do this stuff next year

james
              Bubba Drift

Comment

i've got a few great pics of you, but the scanner is broken right now, i'll get them to you as soon as i get it working again

Comment

i was really looking foward to watching you run..
                  i got there late.. and missed it..
                  BLAAH..
                  next time..

Comment

Working...
                  X