found an 86...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found an 86...

On my daily routine going to work today i spot an 86 sitting at a dealership hiding from view. So i stopped to check it out. It's an sr5 coupe, perfect body, no rust dents anything, only flaw is paint's fading has decent interior but it's an automatic. Going for 1100.00, seems a little high to me so i'm asking your opinion on this, is it worth it?

how many kilmoeters

Comment

Originally posted by nedinic
      how many kilmoeters
      thought i forgot something, 137,xxx miles on it.

Comment

1100 + fixing whatevers wrong with it + swapping it to gts spec + swapping the transmission + making it into the car that you want (tires, wheels, suspension ect. ect.)

Usually buying a car in its lower trim form in hopes of saving time or trying to do your progect for less money winds up as a fiasco.

If you have deep pockets and are going to switch nearly everything from oem spec it might be a good idea to buy the lesser car just for its shell, but it sounds like your pockets arnt that deep.

Keep in mind that gts's go for anywhere from 2000-ungodly amounts of money, I got mine for 3,500, and while the car is extreemly clean, it isnt show perfect, but it does have a very nice suspension set up.

Be patient, you have a whole lifetime to buy, build and drive cars, dont start it out with a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

^ wouldn't plan on doing heavy mods 'til my 7 projects get done. Mostly looking at it as a daily comuter for the winter and start getting into moddin it sometime in the summer.

Comment

its NOT worth it...sr5's go for about 800 MAX in good condition and with that kinda mileage

Comment

lol go go go for it man. dont let it go by

Comment

listen to nemesis, 1100 for an auto SR5 is not the way to go, if the guy lowers it to maybe 6/700 than id say go for it. The sad thing is, u just know some initial d watching kid is gonna buy it with his rich paretns money...

Comment

i'll see if the guy will lower the price. But chances are being it's a dealership it'll be tough. I'm not too worried about someelse buying it around here 'cause i'm the only person in town that actually drifts, mostly Hondas around here.

Comment

listen to Nemisis and Requiredoption. I really wouldn't pounce at this. But hey, it's your bannanas. a waist of your bananna's

Comment

Originally posted by zerodrifter
                      listen to Nemisis and Requiredoption. I really wouldn't pounce at this. But hey, it's your bannanas. a waist of your bananna's
                      he said bananas....

but yeah...i've passed up MULTIPLE sr5's because they were too expensive for what they were worth. a sr5 is a piece of crap...you can find a good condition gts with the same kinda mileage for that kinda money...jus not on autotrader, ebay, or any other online sources...u gotta go hunting

Comment

man iono if its worth it... 1100 is a lil high for a sr5 and besides is a single overhead cam... i'd hunt for a gt-s instead but thats just me... and for the sr5 it shuldent b higher than 800 cause its high milage and stock. but yea hunt for a gts if u really want one cause its worth it

Comment

I have a friend selling a REALLY clean 86 with Enkei 92s and an extra motor. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
                            i'll see if the guy will lower the price. But chances are being it's a dealership it'll be tough.
                            you must be kidding? for serious come on? are people realy that dumb? you never buy a car for what there asking, show up with cash..........you tell em you will pay $$$ and no more, they turn you down you walk chances are they will take it, if not come back and do it again. you think they care about some 20y/o toyota?

Comment

Im with young gun on this one thats how i got my car. I would not get it but whatever flots you boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X