Inexpensive AE86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive AE86

This is a good deal! SR5 corollas are more ideal for thrashing because they are hard to thrash with only 70 or so horsepower. They have not been driven as hard as GTS's have.

This post is for my SR5 coupe, it has some damage first off, it is NOT extensive and I can get it fixed for about 100 extra dollars for who ever wants to buy it. The problem is I cannot sell it until the 26th.

Specs.
    -Runs great! This has been my daily driver for 5 months, not a problem with it until I misshifted and grinded a gear.. but I got that fixed.
    -Frame is STRAIGHT, damage was a hit and run when it was in possesion of previous owner, I am the 3rd owner of this vehicle. No Fender benders, or rear end collisions.
    -Clairon CD player (130 dollars)
    -Carwin Vega front and rear speakers (70 for fronts, 85 for rears)
    -Engine was rebuilt 42K ago, 184,xxx on odo.
    -Regular oil changes with new filters, every 2500 - 3000 miles. I am at 2500 right now, and the oil change will be done this weekend.
    -New transmission with 111K on it.
    -GTS steering wheel and shift knob.
    -Rear diff fluid changed 4K ago
    -Replaced the radiator 8K ago
    -Frequently washed and waxed with color wax
    -Interior will be cleaned extensivly before sold
    -New battery
    -Comes with 14 inch gold wheels, and stock SR5 wheels and a extra set of 13 inch tires for the SR5 wheels.
    -Interior has Two flaws, the futhest right vent was popped out from previous owner and the climate control console face is cracked.

If someone wants, I can peice together a full GTSR5 conversion. I can also get springs, shocks, strut bar, exhaust system for this too. But I will not install, I have no place to install parts unless its as simple as a strut bar or exhaust system.

Price is $1100 as it sits, about 100 dollars extra to get the dent pulled, extra for a GTSR5 swap, I will not know how much that will cost until I find the parts for that swap, and the parts will be added into the cost of the car and what is on it now. I will have proof of prices through receipts.

Pictures will be taken when it stops raining, so I can wash it, and clean the interior. But here is a few pictures of it.

Email is skyz_22@msn.com
    Location is Portland Oregon.

Comment

SR5 huh? lol

Comment

had to post huh?

you know some people cant afford 3k for a good, rust free, straight frame GTS.

Comment

nice sr5 i have a sr5 hatchback also and yours look much cleaner good luck man

Comment

Thanks

Comment

404 error

ae86 not found

Comment

wtf are you talking about?

Comment

i ment no disrespect but i just perfer twin cam.

Comment

Not everyone can afford a twin cam.

They are treated like gold if you havent noticed.

Comment

proper thread title would be:

SR5 for sale (possibly GT-S parts or swap?)

you dont have an ae86.

AE86 = GT-S
                      everything else = SR5 or base.

Comment

WRONG.

Dude, wtf are you talking about.
                        Chassis codes:
                        SR5 = AE86
                        GTS = AE86
                        Vin numbers:
                        SR5 = JT2AE86
                        GTS - JT2AE88

You fail. Go buy a Honda.

And if you havent noticed the car sitting right next to it is a GTS.
                        See the GTS decal? Do these cars look identical to you?

Last edited by _uG TM; 12-13-2003, 03:23 AM.

Comment

AE86= Both SR5 and GT-S in america

But the SR5 has, AE85 Rear Diff and Axle including the Drum brakes. 4-AC motor(Sohc) and a Crappy interior.

The Frame and Transmisson are both the same on SR5 and GT-S.

There that settles it. You can fit everything from a GT-S on a SR5 and Just because you do a 4-AG swap into a SR5 dont mean its a GT-S

Comment

When you do a 4ag swap on a SR5 with ALL of the parts, it does become a GTS.

Gas tank, clutch lines, engine, harness, ecu, interior, STICKERS, rear axel, and bell housing.

Then you have a converted car that is exactly like all other GTSs only with out the JT2AE88, and a LOWER insurance cost.

Comment

re:

if i lived in oregon, i would pick it up definately... but i live in florida..

Comment

Working...
                              X