Just wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering...

To introduce myself, i live in Canada and I'm 15. (the instant n00b reaction comes to mind) I'm not a hardcore drifting fan, but unlike the ricers that are everywhere, I know a bit. My hand-me-down car is going to be a 1993 voyager van that's rusting.

I was wondering, to stick out of the crowds of 240s and AE86s, there's a new chrysler 300 that's out with an FR layout. Just a random question, could that possibly be drifted?

http://www.chrysler.com/300/features...&type=modelsub
    - chrysler's official site and 300 specs

Simply put, every car can be drifted. But now for the real answer-Probably not. Those cars are big, heavy, automatic (i think) and probably have traction control up the wazoo. Most new cars (especially higher end ones) have systems that control throttle and speed if to much roll/slide/loss of traction is detected. It makes these RWD cars great for winter because they handle like awd or ff, but it makes them SUXXOR for drifting.

Comment

"Available features like: Electronic Stability Program (ESP)*, ABS and the All-Speed Traction Control all combine to provide the driver with more precise control under every situation"

Yup, that there is a dead giveaway that this car will not drift. Nice car though. Kinda like a "poor mans" Rolls Royce. I would go for drifting the van. Check out www.turbovan.com for more silly and wickedfast vans.

Comment

One can't dream, can they? Whoever thought putting traction control in all cars was smoking weed or something.

It would be sorta funny if some guy found a way to turn off the TCS and/or ASM and added an LSD.

Comment

driftin the 300c

i'VE SEEN THESE CARS SIDEWAYS

There was some special on tv where they had 2 editors from some r&t style magazine racing side by side around a nice road course. Then, all of the sudden, on of the guys says, "All rights lets turn off the TCS and have some fun." I saw it with my own eyes. 2 beautiful hemi powered 300c's TANDEM drifting around this road course. They do get sideways.. i cried a little

Comment

hey my friend have a chevy astrobanger!!! big van, but drift able, and he drift like 50mph... have fun w/ it. car is a car drift w/ it see if you like it... or just do hella donut!!! plus you have a CAR!!! probly you friend laugh at you but hey they dont have a car they shouldn't be saying that Zhit...

Ps go easy on the RICER!!!

Comment

Mostly of time it is possible to turn all those systems off!!! But nowadays it's getting harder and harder to do this...
              In some cars it is not possible to turn off systems like ESP, but when you are a little bit handy it can be done. The only problem is that their is a chance that the computer will register an error and will go into the emergency programm....Then you are in trouble...

So let's not go there and stick with the "older cars" or use sportscars which have the right set-up for drifting....

And by the way:
              Drifting a chrysler 300 is kind of a joke.... but probably real funny to watch....

Greetz

Comment

hey canada nice me too. im only 14 tho and my car will prob a old civic...:cries: that would be weird drifting a van....very cool and rare do it!

Comment

Working...
                X